Now Open: Detailing Forum

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I added this forum and moved related threads here because there just wasn't a good place to direct all the clean, polish, wax, de-rust, remove scratches, etc, how-to threads. The General Forum has been a catch all and a lot of very helpful information on various subjects tends to get buried there for lack of a better place, so I have tried to start spending some time each day going through it and other forums, picking out and redirecting some threads to their appropriate forums and have added this one and the pet forum.

If any of you spot a thread in the wrong forum, please feel free to report it (by clicking the red triangle) and myself or one of the mods will move it. Mods, if you move / redirect any thread to another forum, please be sure to select "expiring redirect" and set the time for "one week" so the OP and others will know where the thread was moved to.

Thanks,

Zook

Great idea for a detailing forum but who has time for real detailing? I do good just to get the grasshoppers off before my next ride.:gah::gah::gah:

OK so I'll start.

My typical sequence of cleaning my vehicles (trike and SUV)

Trike on jack so wheels can turn.

1. 50/50 mix of water and mean green (from Dollar General) in a spray bottle. spray all over. top to bottom.

Have hot and cold water hooked up in garage

Garden hose w/nozzle set on pressure

2. Spray trike down from top to bottom, moving around the trike until run off is clear water.

3. Soray wheels, using 3" paint brush to scrub

4. Rinse wheels

5. Set nozzle on mist. Spray whole trike form top to bottom. moving around the trike.

6. Use leaf blower to dry. Start at top, moving around trike going to the bottom.

7. Use Windex and paper towels on windshield(it's an F4)

8. Use Original Bike Spirits w/terry cloth towels on painted surfaces. (never use micro fiber as it will scratch!)

9. Use Windex and terry cloth towels on chrome.

10. Tire dressing on the side walls of the tires.

Never use wax on any windshield. Will end up with fine scratches in the wax build up on the shield.

Never use wax on the paint as it alsso will show fine scratches in the wax build up.

Typical time, start to finish on the trike is 1 hour.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png