RAKE KIT for TriGlide

PosseRider

3750+ Posts
Jan 29, 2016
Dayton, Ohio
Anyone undecided about a "rake kit", don't be. I rode down to Zook's Cut N Shoot Customs shop in Conroe TX & had the rake kit installed on my TriGlide. It is everything anyone has said. I did it at start of our ride west trip, because of shoulder surgery. Even 5 months after the surgery, shoulder bothered me after 50 miles or so.

After the install, I am riding all day long after every day of our trip & still on the road for 2 more days & no pain anymore. So much easier to steer & it plants itself in the curves. My wife even noticed I was feeling better after the install. THANKS ZOOK. CYA IN MAGGIE VALLEY:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I was told by my trike installer that: He has built many trikes in his day, and that 70% of the folks that did not get a rake kit installed, has come back and asked about installing the kit..........BUT not one customer that had this rake kit installed , has ever come back and wanted the 5.5% rake reversed.................. So I put a 5.5% rake installed and I love it...... Although I honestly have no idea how it would have felt w/o it...........

Ronnie

Sorry Zook,

I live in Massachusetts, so traveling all the way to Texas to have you install this rake kit, would have been impossible.........(hope you understand)

Ronnie

So what degree rake did you get and what degree is the stock triple tree, just curious, had a raked triple tree back in the 70's with 10 inch tubes on a 750 honda, drove it a couple times and a guy came around and wanted to buy the bike, offered me a good price so I took it, went to harley's after that, one harley I had a 18 inch springer front end and it was on a 1948 panhead, sure wish I still had that.

All for now Trampas

So what degree rake did you get and what degree is the stock triple tree, just curious, had a raked triple tree back in the 70's with 10 inch tubes on a 750 honda, drove it a couple times and a guy came around and wanted to buy the bike, offered me a good price so I took it, went to harley's after that, one harley I had a 18 inch springer front end and it was on a 1948 panhead, sure wish I still had that.

All for now Trampas

If I remember correctly, trikes come with 3 degree raked trees and the new trees are 9.

Speaking of Ohio, have you been to the motorcycle hall of fame located in Pinkerton Ohio as of yet???

Thinking of going maybe in October(ish)

Ronnie

I think it used to be in a different town many years ago. AMA Hall of Fame >> If that is the one, was there over 30 yrs ago.

Is Pinkerington,Oh.

If I remember correctly, trikes come with 3 degree raked trees and the new trees are 9.

Do you mean 6 degrees? 9 seems awful high

Hawg Halters has 7, 9 and 12. 7 is for conversions and 9 for standard Tri Glides. 12 would be for oversize front wheels like a 23". I run 9 degree on my 14 with a 21" front wheel.

The 9 degree is actually a +5 degree. So when compared to say a GL1800 6 degree rake, it is actually what would be considered a 5 degree. Yes its a bit confusing, but it works.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png