Sportster 883L conversion with Frankenstein Kit

NiteOwl

Sep 13, 2013
Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada
I just have to share what a great kit the Frankenstein Trikes group makes for the 883 sportster. The kit arrived and was on the bike in 3 days, fenders painted to match the bike a week later, test drive and then full run on the hwy and back-roads. This kit works so very well. I am attaching a link to all the photos and comments you could want as well as attaching an initial photo here. We learned about the kit and read other reviews here on this site, Thank You, lots of good information and made the decision easy.

Click here for More Photos etc

cayce_bleux_trinity_037.jpg

Bob

That's a very nice looking rig. I was impressed with the value placed on the completed conversion. Wonder what my TG would be worth up there? Nice job, ride on.

That looks really nice! Great job! :10:

I've got a line on an '89 883 for $2000. I'm kicking around the idea of an 883 trike, using either a Frankenstein or a Paughco conversion. I like the look of your conversion!

Having done mine i notice how simple the frankenstien conversion really was with the sporty.
Your trike looks really good!

Nice job!ThumbUp

Rick look close at paughco to be sure the axle and tower is set up with a place to mount your shock absorbers, I know some of them didn't have them.:Shrug:

You have experience in the build process also so one thing i didn't particularly care for was, you would have to order everything as a component? (at least when i was considering my build)

An all inclusive kit made more sense to me?ThumbUp
With the 1989 model and other older machines, check to see about reinforcing the upper motor mount OK?:Shrug:
I had to do that on my tour glide.

Rick look close at paughco to be sure the axle and tower is set up with a place to mount your shock absorbers, I know some of them didn't have them.:Shrug:

You have experience in the build process also so one thing i didn't particularly care for was, you would have to order everything as a component? (at least when i was considering my build)

An all inclusive kit made more sense to me?ThumbUp
With the 1989 model and other older machines, check to see about reinforcing the upper motor mount OK?:Shrug:
I had to do that on my tour glide.

I will do so, Paul. Thank you for your advice! :)

thank you for the kind comments, it was such a good feeling doing this job. Its one of those things that did not go on and on, it was quick that I was left with sense of accomplishment and a job complete, so often with the jobs they never are quite done. grin

thank you for the kind comments, it was such a good feeling doing this job. Its one of those things that did not go on and on, it was quick that I was left with sense of accomplishment and a job complete, so often with the jobs they never are quite done. grin

Mine was an ordeal.
Check it out-google,

pcombe library/photopucket

You will really like your conversion,wifey and I love ours.Try about 38 P.S.I. in front tire,22 in rears.Handling improves,rides softer.I rode it some without rake kit,just as a comparison,then installed raked trees.Big difference.

You will really like your conversion,wifey and I love ours.Try about 38 P.S.I. in front tire,22 in rears.Handling improves,rides softer.I rode it some without rake kit,just as a comparison,then installed raked trees.Big difference.

If you decide on a rake kit, click the triple trees at the right side of the forum for a great price on a quality kit.

We decided to rake it from the get-go as it was highly recommended by Frankenstein, as this bike was a XL 883L so we never even tested to see the difference. It does run well. Thanks for the tire pressure tip!

Bob

I am so in love with my new conversion. Thank you all for the compliments on Trinity. NiteOwl and I are looking for many awesome rides together this coming season.

I just have to share what a great kit the Frankenstein Trikes group makes for the 883 sportster. The kit arrived and was on the bike in 3 days, fenders painted to match the bike a week later, test drive and then full run on the hwy and back-roads. This kit works so very well. I am attaching a link to all the photos and comments you could want as well as attaching an initial photo here. We learned about the kit and read other reviews here on this site, Thank You, lots of good information and made the decision easy.

Click here for More Photos etc

View attachment 17622

Bob

Great looking ride! I bet you get many miles of smiles out of it. :)

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png