What i really like!!

Doc*

Dec 22, 2014
Ohatchee (Neely Henry Lake)
In the Sticky above I posted what I liked about my Hannigan Trike and I said "EVERYTHING" but what I really like is not just the Trike but rather the service commitment of the Manufacturer of the Trike. Even when one of their Dealers cannot or does not resolve a problem the end is not at hand as I have found that the guys at Hannigan will persist and get things resolved. In my opinion their commitment to their product and its service is second to none.<br />
<br />
Further when you go to the Factory you are made to feel like a member of the Hannigan Family. I wish to express my gratitude and appreciation to not only Hannigan but also to some of the guys that work there, notably Jim Gooch, John Lee and Brad. I just returned from Hannigan and feel that I can now make my trip to Kerrville, TX and feel that my steed will carry me smoothly and safely there and back. So thanks Hannigan for giving me a feeling of security and I look forward to returning to Murray, KY for the Anniversary Celebration on June 20, 2015. John I still think you are one up on me. Ride Safe. Doc ThumbUp

Truly OUR pleasure Doc ThumbUp
Owner-Partners such as you make it quite easy and enjoyable to live up to the Expectations of both our Friends and ourselves.

Look forward to your return as well as all our Friends' company at our 40th Anniversary Celebration in June as it would have never been possible or attained without you all.

This Milestone belongs to you as much if not more than it does us here.

P.s. Doubt if we (or anyone for that matter) could ever get "One-Up" on the Doc ;)
and, to remain in your debt is not a liability-It is an Honor.

Hannigan is the one I settled on if/when I convert. One thing holding me back is the stories I've heard of bike manufacturer saying a problem is the conversion and a trike conversion manufacturer saying it's the bike. Nice to hear I may have chose the right one.

Now I'm just not sure my 07 Electra Glide Ultra is the right base to convert with just a 96 in it. Plus age.

Hannigan is the one I settled on if/when I convert. One thing holding me back is the stories I've heard of bike manufacturer saying a problem is the conversion and a trike conversion manufacturer saying it's the bike. Nice to hear I may have chose the right one.

Now I'm just not sure my 07 Electra Glide Ultra is the right base to convert with just a 96 in it. Plus age.

Some mechanics don't have a clue, I've bumped into way too many parts changers at Harley dealers. They just don't seem to have trouble shooting skills, they do open cardboard boxes pretty good though.

I wouldn't think anything about triking that 07, I'd trike my 06 Ultra Classic in a heart beat, but I'm still having fun on 2 wheels. IMO the pre 08 are better platforms, less to go wrong. The TBW on the 08's and later gives me the willies, I never did like the feel of it vs a good cable operated throttle. The 96" is a little on the small side, you could put more pep in its step with either a set of SE255 or Andrews 48 cams and a good tune. Also a swap to the 30 tooth transmission sprocket would help it out a bunch.

Another thing that can help a ton with performance on the twin cam 96 is have a new one tooth bigger compensating sprocket installed. Believe it or not, there is a local shop here, not the Harley dealer, that does that with brand new trikes to help with the power issues from the extra weight.

Another thing that can help a ton with performance on the twin cam 96 is have a new one tooth bigger compensating sprocket installed. Believe it or not, there is a local shop here, not the Harley dealer, that does that with brand new trikes to help with the power issues from the extra weight.

The only sprocket they make for the engine side of the 07 and later twin cam is the solid one from Evolution Industries, this is the one that does away with the compensator. This would be a bad idea for a trike, the PTO side of the crank won't take that kind of abuse. They do however make a 49 tooth gear clutch basket which would help with the primary gear ratio.

The only sprocket they make for the engine side of the 07 and later twin cam is the solid one from Evolution Industries, this is the one that does away with the compensator. This would be a bad idea for a trike, the PTO side of the crank won't take that kind of abuse. They do however make a 49 tooth gear clutch basket which would help with the primary gear ratio.

Well I don't know but this shop is putting compensator sprockets on so I am assuming that he is getting them somewhere. I know he wouldn't install a solid sprocket, as you said it wouldn't work for very long, so he must have someone that he goes through to get the bigger compensator.

Well I don't know but this shop is putting compensator sprockets on so I am assuming that he is getting them somewhere. I know he wouldn't install a solid sprocket, as you said it wouldn't work for very long, so he must have someone that he goes through to get the bigger compensator.

It would be interesting to know who is making a sprocket for the 06 Dyna and 07 and later touring that has a different tooth count. There is only a couple aftermarket compensators out there for this application, they are all stock tooth count to the best of my knowledge.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png