Can Anybody ID This Conversion?

Oct 14, 2013
UT
Can someone tell me what brand of conversion is on this 1995 GL1500. It is a solid axle.

Thanks!!
Trvlngnrs

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 136
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 129
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 118
Awesome, Thank you...

Any comments... It's a 2000 conversion with 26,000 miles located about 400 miles from me. Asking $13,300.

If its for real with that few miles its a good buy even if it is a 2000 model conversion. I wouldn't be sending any money unless you know more about the seller and the trike, but yes that's a good deal in my opinion. The GL1500s are bulletproof bikes.

I agree it's a good deal if it checks out mechanically. When I was looking in the spring I ran across a number of trike conversions that were a few years older and they were running as high as $18,000 and none lower than $16,000.

From the pics, it looks really clean. Agree with Mr. Z. See if you can get a VIN number and work with a Honda Shop to check out the VIN for any reports of service recalls and such. Might ask the seller who he took the bike to for work, then give them a call.

If it checks out, it would sure be a good buy. Good luck with it. Keep us posted.

There are a couple websites that can do the checking on a VIN for a few bucks. I used one ( can't remember which one) when I was looking and I bought my current trike. Useful info ( accidents, clear title, when triked) and peace of mind.

Has the Unit "Sat" for an extended period?
Given the low miles, that is a distinct possibility. Idle/Down Time is the "Achilles Heel" of the GL1500 (or any multi-carb'd unit).
The analog electronics and most importantly, the Carbs, are very adversely affected by not operating. Cleaning/Rebuilding and re-Sync'ing them is quite a job and can get expensive real fast. The wiring, switches, and activators are also a Bear to diagnose and correct.

Ask and check it all out REAL good. Other than those, as others have said-Bulletproof ThumbUp

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll be sure to question the owner and do a VIN check.

I'm hoping another guy I'm talking to that has a red 2000 GL1500 for sale comes down bit. If not, I may move on this Lehman.
One more question.... where is the reverse lever located?

Trvlngnrs

The Reverse Lever (if Bike is so equipped) is on the forward lower left side directly above the Driver foot rest and Gear Selector. Usually has a chrome-clad shroud over it to help it blend in with the other trimming.

Pretty sure that is an SE model. It has the gold inserts on the valve covers and the 2 antennas etc. so it should have reverse on it. Don't buy a trike without reverse you'll be sorry that's for sure.

Pretty sure that is an SE model. It has the gold inserts on the valve covers and the 2 antennas etc. so it should have reverse on it. Don't buy a trike without reverse you'll be sorry that's for sure.

All GL1500's have reverse, both Aspencade and SE models. To my knowledge, these were the only 1500 models made, and the "only" difference between them was the SE models had some convenience and cosmetic features such as CB, trunk wing, two tone paint and perhaps some other minor items.

The Goldwing Interstate model did not have reverse, that I am sure about. Also (I could be wrong) the Aspencade did not come with a CB or the foot warmers.

The Goldwing Interstate model did not have reverse, that I am sure about. Also (I could be wrong) the Aspencade did not come with a CB or the foot warmers.

You are correct, one of the differences on the SE model is the CB and other convenience and cosmetic features. Upon further research, I find that an Interstate model was available from '91 thru '96 (news to me - Duh) and there was indeed, no reverse gear, no cruise control and no on board air compressor. As the current owner of both a 1200 and 1500, I thought I was somewhat knowledgeable - but I guess not. Oh well! Thank you, I learned something new. ThumbUp

Can someone tell me what brand of conversion is on this 1995 GL1500. It is a solid axle.

Thanks!!
Trvlngnrs

If you are still interested in buying this GTL by Lehman, I can find out where it was built and the original ownership. BTW, I have a rear lightbar new and un-used for it. The placement of the lightbar is below the trunk lid and looks like a flush-fit bumper.

Attachments

• galleryO.jpg
    galleryO.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 141
All GL1500's have reverse, both Aspencade and SE models. To my knowledge, these were the only 1500 models made, and the "only" difference between them was the SE models had some convenience and cosmetic features such as CB, trunk wing, two tone paint and perhaps some other minor items.

From 1988 > 1996 Honda Goldwing GL1500's "Interstate Models" were not equipped with reverse. Just saying'

I thought my GL1500 was an Aspencade but I have a CB (TWO ANTENNAS!). Does that mean it is an SE?

Probably yes. The CB would have been a very expensive add on to an Aspencade. Your insurance co. or any Honda dealer should be able to check your VIN # and tell you which model.
Hope this helps......... :Dorag:

"My Honda dealer" Bwhahahaha they would laugh if I tell them I need info on a 97. They won't work on anything that is over 6 years old hehe Thanks! wg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png