Avon trike tire

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
I was going to get an MPA rear and mount it reverse at 41 PSI as I have in the past with good luck but decided to give the new Avon Cobra Trike 130/70R18 front tire instead. Was about $150 shipped from Denniskirk.com.

If you have some experience with this tire, how is mileage and what pressure do you run?

I was going to get an MPA rear and mount it reverse at 41 PSI as I have in the past with good luck but decided to give the new Avon Cobra Trike 130/70R18 front tire instead. Was about $150 shipped from Denniskirk.com.

If you have some experience with this tire, how is mileage and what pressure do you run?

I run 42 psi. Ride and handling are excellent and I think you will be amazed at the difference. Mileage I think should be about the same as you got on the MPA.

Be anxious to see your review. I just installed my second one.

Be anxious to see your review. I just installed my second one.[/QUOTE]

Surprised at the 42 PSI... thought the "special" sidewalls would make pressures lower. Also, if you installed 2nd, did you wear our first and how many miles did you get?

I had an MPA on my GL1500 RS conversion; as I said, 41 PSI and a bias ply rear mounted backwards. I got at least 10K out of it and sold the trike with plenty of meat left on the tire. Not sure ultimate miles I would have gotten.

42 psi works just fine since the tire is a radial; the ride is much softer than the bias ply tires.

I got 10,000 out of my first one. In the Arkansas twisties that is a little short of what the BT-45 got. But, the ride and handling still make it my choice.

42 psi works just fine since the tire is a radial; the ride is much softer than the bias ply tires.

I got 10,000 out of my first one. In the Arkansas twisties that is a little short of what the BT-45 got. But, the ride and handling still make it my choice.

The PO of the trike I bought still had the original Dunlop and it is pretty much shot at 6K miles.

The PO of the trike I bought still had the original Dunlop and it is pretty much shot at 6K miles.

Bout right. OEM front tires average about what you got and they are squirrelly in the twisties, IMO. That's why the bias ply, sport bike rear tires are dominant until now.

I think the Avon is making headway into the market. Hopefully, Avon keeps improving it for better mileage and can lower the price. But, it's so much better I will pay extra for it.

10,000 seems more like the OEM life. I have the Pilot Activ mounted in reverse and have 16,000 miles on it and no sign of wear yet. I will get another one if I ever need one.

10,000 seems more like the OEM life. I have the Pilot Activ mounted in reverse and have 16,000 miles on it and no sign of wear yet. I will get another one if I ever need one.

It's the Arkansas twisties and chip-n-seal roads that eats tires. All GW trikes here average 11-13 k miles on any tire if they stay in the area. So the Avon is close and I think it will get as good a mileage as the bias plies, whatever that is for an individual. The ride and handling are vastly superior.

It's the Arkansas twisties and chip-n-seal roads that eats tires. All GW trikes here average 11-13 k miles on any tire if they stay in the area. So the Avon is close and I think it will get as good a mileage as the bias plies, whatever that is for an individual. The ride and handling are vastly superior.

I agree 100%!ThumbUp

I am used to getting 10K - 12K on my 2 wheeler tires, Metzler being the best at 13K and GREAT ride and handling. So I have NO problems with the Avon if it gives me about that. *NOTE* I change my tires way before they get to the wear mark. When there is nothing between me and the asphalt but 2 tires, I make sure they are in GOOD condition.

I have never used a rear tire on the front of my Trike so I cannot make a comparison or Judgment on them. BUT I can say, there is a night and day difference between the Avon Trike tire and the stock Duncrap that was on it when I got it. It made such a difference in the ride and handling that I really don't give a rats butt about the mileage.

I am keeping my eyes open for someone to run a special on them and I may order 2 so I will have them on hand when the time to change comes.

I am at a little over 6K right now and show NO wear, so the wear at 12K will be interesting.

I have a Honda Valkyrie trike and would like to know if Avon makes a 17" trike tire. Any info would be appreciated.

Here ya go : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/15017/i/avon-av71-cobra-front-tire

They make a similar tire, But it is not the Trike Specific tire / use your tire size / 150 - 80R - 17
Front / 150/80R17 (Valkyrie)AVON #4710011 / 90000001166

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-size: 1em; font-family: inherit;">
</tbody>
and these guys ship for free.... There are others but this tire rates higher.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoopdee91

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoopdee91
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png