Where is everyone getting the FRONT Avon trike tire??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
My very own mechanic, is having a hard time getting a new Avon Cobra Chrome Trike Tire ...130/70/R18 front tire for my Goldwing trike....

Anybody know where I can order one???

Thank you

Ronnie

6/22/23

Avon Cobra Chrome

Purchased mine from J&P Cycles last year for my H-D SGS. Great price...free shipping. Hopefully J&P has the size you need. The 2 I had mounted on that bike went with the bike when I had to sell it due to arthritis. Now riding a Freewheeler. Good luck.

My very own mechanic, is having a hard time getting a new Avon Cobra Chrome Trike Tire ...130/70/R18 front tire for my Goldwing trike....

Anybody know where I can order one???

Thank you

Ronnie

6/22/23

Yes, I just got one the other day. Ordered from Summit. When I got mine, they had 9 in stock.

Ordered one day - and received it the next day. No shipping charge - but I am certain I paid a premium for the tire. Still, this is what I wanted to I ordered it.

Avon Tyres 4120310 Avon Cobra Chrome Trike Tires | Summit Racing

Thank you folks,

I ordered mine from Summit Racing......($219.99)

I received it a couple of day(s) later..............

I will install it on my trike hopefully tomorrow.

Ronnie

6/25/23

The trike tire price has come down from when I ordered it last week.

They have a 90-day full refund policy and I could return it and order another at the lower price.

Instead, I sent a message to Summit (customer service is open by text on Saturday and Sunday). Shared the price difference. Got a prompt reply saying that since the price has gone down in less than a week, they will make an adjustment on the price I paid.

I wanted to post this - because this is my very first order from Summit Racing. I truly appreciate their customer friendly assistance - and because of this one incident, when I am looking for items, this will indeed be a place I will visit.

They (Summit Racing) sent me the wrong tire (I received a regular two - wheel front motorcycle tire) the correct size, BUT it was not made for a trike,

so I have to send it back... Bummer :ranting:

No one has the Avon TRIKE tire.... anywhere............

Guess I have to wait till there released again....

Ronnie

6/26/23

The trike tire price has come down from when I ordered it last week.

They have a 90-day full refund policy and I could return it and order another at the lower price.

Instead, I sent a message to Summit (customer service is open by text on Saturday and Sunday). Sharedthe price difference. Got a prompt reply saying that since the price has gone down in less than a week, they will make an adjustment on the price I paid.

I wanted to post this - because this is my very first order from Summit Racing. I truly appreciate their customer friendly assistance - and because of this one incident, when I am looking for items, this will indeed be a place I will visit.

DID YOU GET A TRIKE TIRE OR A REGULAR MOTORCYCLE TIRE??

Ronnie

6/26/23

AVON TRIKE TIRE

Service Honda let me down. They said online they had it but didn't. On the phone they told me late september. In th meantime, i ordered and received a week ago from SUNRISE AUTO MOTORSPORT in Searcy Arkansas. He had 9 in stock and shipped the same day. $250 plus $28 freight to Florida. and for what it's worth, i noticed a difference immediately from the stock GW tire when I rode it home. must be because its a bit more flat rather than rounded, that's what I perceive.

8/7/23

Service Honda let me down. They said online they had it but didn't. On the phone they told me late september. In th meantime, i ordered and received a week ago from SUNRISE AUTO MOTORSPORT in Searcy Arkansas. He had 9 in stock and shipped the same day. $250 plus $28 freight to Florida. and for what it's worth, i noticed a difference immediately from the stock GW tire when I rode it home. must be because its a bit more flat rather than rounded, that's what I perceive.

8/7/23

Front tires have a more rounded profile.The trike tire as well as rear tires have a flatter profile so you get more contact with the road.The difference between each is noticeable.

I was on the Wingstuff waiting list for the Avon Trike tire.

Two nights ago i received an email that the trike tires were again back in stock. Within 5 minutes my order was placed, accepted and paid for.

Last night I received another email from Wingstuff saying that they were out of stock. I called Wingstuff for an explanation and was told their computer system had a "glitch" which sent out notice to those on their waiting list, that the Avon Front Trikes tires were back in stock. They are not and they have no idea when they will be back in stock.

I was on the Wingstuff waiting list for the Avon Trike tire.

Two nights ago i received an email that the trike tires were again back in stock. Within 5 minutes my order was placed, accepted and paid for.

Last night I received another email from Wingstuff saying that they were out of stock. I called Wingstuff for an explanation and was told their computer system had a "glitch" which sent out notice to those on their waiting list, that the Avon Front Trikes tires were back in stock. They are not and they have no idea when they will be back in stock.

I got mine from Summit Racing - their site say they are currently not available. I just wonder why they cannot put trike tires out.

My new trike tire has about 2000 miles on it now. Took a trip to Gettysburg. Didn't think I would really notice a difference - but, I definitely did. The tire isa radial so it seems to roll a little smoother. Hit a little rain on the way down and didn't notice any sort of slippage in the curves on the back roads.

Overall, trike has a great feel -part of that could simply be the CSC kit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png