Cargo trailer

Jul 20, 2009
Paris, tx USA
Was thinking about buying a cargo trailer to pull behind RV for my 2018 1800 CSC trike. What size trailer do I need. I believe the trike is 10ft 4 in long and about 5 ft 4 in wide. Recommendations please!

Was thinking about buying a cargo trailer to pull behind RV for my 2018 1800 CSC trike. What size trailer do I need. I believe the trike is 10ft 4 in long and about 5 ft 4 in wide. Recommendations please!

12 by 6. .. And make sure the door/Ramp opening is wider than 5ft 5..

Last edited:
I believe you have overstated the length of your trike. I trailer mine in a 6X10 open trailer with no overhang. I have about 6 inches left over in length and plenty of room width-wise for my 2008 Honda/CSC trike..... Jim

Enclosed trailer

Darn, we just brought our trike home late Friday in our Aluma enclosed and could have taken some pics to show you how much room we had with our 18 Goldwing CSC Encore Trike in the trailer.

Ours is a 7x14 V front (which is the only front I will buy). I like it as we can put extra things in front of the trike in the V and can put things behind the trike too.

We have a Wheel Chock to hold the front tire mounted to E track that we have on the floor. Of course we still use straps on front and the back.

We can haul our Polaris General in the trailer too so that is why we went with 14'. Next trailer will be 8.5' wide as too hard getting out of the General once loaded. But for the Trike, 7' works nice with good room between the wall and rear trike tires.

Good things about an enclosed is nobody can see what you are hauling and you can use it for storage when not using it to haul things.

We have E track on the walls and floors for hauling different things.

Let me go about this a little differently.

How long is your RV don't want to add to much length to what you already have to deal with?

If going to camp grounds what are you going to do with the trailer and how are going to do it?

We use a double axle trailer because a single axle can get real ugly real quick with a blown tire and my very expensive trike is in that trailer.

So if you go to big it is going to be difficult to maneuver and if you go to small you can't use it for anything other than the bike and no room for extras or being able to comfortably get around the bike to tie it down.

I know this does not answer your question but maybe it will help you answer it. :Coffee:

Rear door

Don't forget to get a Ramp Rear Door and not the swing open type.

Just thought I would throw that in there.

Try putting your Trike in there first before buying, that way you will know if it is too big for you or if you might want bigger.

Also make sure you have enough tie downs.

Good luck.

I am saying if he is considering a SxS down the road he will want a higher sided trailer. With a higher door opening too but those usually go hand in hand.

Our enclosed trailers have 12'' higher sidewall and rear door openings than a normal enclosed trailer. That is so we can haul our SxS's in any of our enclosed trailers. If I remember correctly our rear door opening height is 84''.

We special order all of our trailers so they are set up just the way we want them. Then we put in the E Tracks where we want them.

I have a 6x10. I purchased in Oklahoma years ago for a two wheeler.

I added tie-downs and needed equipment then.

My Trike is a very tight fit now. (Freewheeler)

I added blue painters tape on the door for runway markers. I only have a few inches clearance on both sides of my fenders going into the door opening. Length is okay, I would go bigger now. Make sure Door opening, once ramp is down, is wide enough for a Trike.

I believe you have overstated the length of your trike. I trailer mine in a 6X10 open trailer with no overhang. I have about 6 inches left over in length and plenty of room width-wise for my 2008 Honda/CSC trike..... Jim

Open trailer demensions are different that an enclosed because of the door and more narrow back, plus the cables. When I had an open 5X10 worked. When I went to an enclosed, I needed a 7X12 and it helped to have a V nose for storage

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png