• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Need Engine Dyno Test Facility/Shop for Trike - Midwest...... HELP!

Reaction score
Need Engine Dyno Test Facility/Shop for Trike - Midwest...... HELP!

Good Day All....

Next problem for my chopper project: Engine Dyno

As some of you know who follow my Chopper Project, I have made a few mods to the engine. Cam, Exhaust, Intake Manifold, Injectors, Cat Removal, New Noisy Slip Ons, EBS, Air Cleaner etc...etc...etc...

I found out this afternoon that the only known trike Dyno in St. Louis is not doing trikes anymore. :gah: So I am in a bad spot.....

I cannot map the engine (have I mentioned I FREAKIN HATE ALL THIS ELECTRONIC #@^*!!!!) so I have a really expensive nice looking paper weight at the moment. I am not going to pick on the dealer that did the engine (Doc's HD). They are awesome and had this all set up. But during my waiting period for paint (yes still waiting) the dyno guy just bailed. They are not having any luck in town that can handle a trike, I will dyno it with stock wheels and tire before anybody asks. So anybody who can put a Freewheeler, Tri Glide, Gold Wing or any other motorcycle trike will work.

I want to screw up the new motor by running too lean or rich etc. So I am looking outside of St. Louis to find a shop that can dyno and dial in my engine.

Any help is appreciated

God! I miss carburetors!:badmood:

I thought St. Charles did trikes?

I will call, but Tim said no local dealer was set up for trikes.

Looks Like Effingham IL is good for Trikes, so that is the closest (so far) I have not heard from Fuel Moto yet...it is a bit of a drive, but I also want it done right.

I will call, but Tim said no local dealer was set up for trikes.

Looks Like Effingham IL is good for Trikes, so that is the closest (so far) I have not heard from Fuel Moto yet...it is a bit of a drive, but I also want it done right.

What about Ted's HD in Alton, IL? They deal with a lot of HD & Can-Am 3 wheelers.

What about Ted's HD in Alton, IL? They deal with a lot of HD & Can-Am 3 wheelers.

A BIG THANK YOU MICHAEL!:clapping:

They do indeed do Trikes and run current generation DynoJet software! Just a quick trailer's ride up the road from Doc's.

Thanks for the suggestion

(I still miss carburetors)

Sorry, smoothing things over with wives is not 1 of my superpowers. I usually just give them a house & send them on their way.:)

My weapons of choice have always been cars and jewelry... but for this build, I think a house may be in order :cool:

#1 for Fuel Motto Give them a shout out;)

See below...Here is what they said Jack.... They do trikes "virtually" by adding up the influence of the individual bits, creating the map and sending it to you. Since posting the thread, Micheal pointed me to a local shop with a trike dyno set up. So there is a run it on the test stand option. Thoughts (anyone)?

Hello, we do not have a dyno for trikes however we tune them on a regular basis with datalogging equipment and street tuning. This is how we do all of our trike cam & big bore maps. We charge $449.00 for this service and it is extremely accurate.

Thank you.........Jamie

YP84uFh15Dio5W0R0ZpKuforhSHf0r54a6L2fRQRsuqoM4bWV9Nzqe4i5KoYJ7O5uLkcAOCR1l3qco1udz3F=s0-d-e1-ft

2215 Kelbe Dr

Little Chute, WI 54140

Sales/Tech 920-423-3309

Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components

www.fuelmotousa.com

See below...Here is what they said Jack.... They do trikes "virtually" by adding up the influence of the individual bits, creating the map and sending it to you. Since posting the thread, Micheal pointed me to a local shop with a trike dyno set up. So there is a run it on the test stand option. Thoughts (anyone)?

Hello, we do not have a dyno for trikes however we tune them on a regular basis with datalogging equipment and street tuning. This is how we do all of our trike cam & big bore maps. We charge $449.00 for this service and it is extremely accurate.

Thank you.........Jamie

YP84uFh15Dio5W0R0ZpKuforhSHf0r54a6L2fRQRsuqoM4bWV9Nzqe4i5KoYJ7O5uLkcAOCR1l3qco1udz3F=s0-d-e1-ft

2215 Kelbe Dr

Little Chute, WI 54140

Sales/Tech 920-423-3309

Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components

www.fuelmotousa.com

That is pretty cool Had a friend that had a bagger dyno tuned by them a few years ago Very Impressive;)

Dyno

Jeff if you dont mind the travel to Red Bay , Alabama. it would be worth your time to call David at DC Cycles.I found that it was worth my time and he is highly recommended for Harley performance and trikes also.They are real proffesionals and a no BS shop. Let me no if I can help any more . Ron

Jeff if you dont mind the travel to Red Bay , Alabama. it would be worth your time to call David at DC Cycles.I found that it was worth my time and he is highly recommended for Harley performance and trikes also.They are real proffesionals and a no BS shop. Let me no if I can help any more . Ron

What was it that they did that impressed you. It is a 6 hr drive, but a nice road trip. Thanks for the lead.

DC Cycles

What was it that they did that impressed you. It is a 6 hr drive, but a nice road trip. Thanks for the lead.

FreeBird. I have been building Harley motors and custom rides for 40 Years. Built the 120", 131" to the 155" motors and had dealings with alot of speed shops and Dynos,. The first thing is how well the shop is laid out and plenty of speed parts and the courtesy that the employees and David were. On my Dyno time David spent a full 3 hours on my dyno and he never came out of the the dyno booth. He did not have any problem with me sitting inside and seeing what he was doing. He sets all the AFR at every 200 rpms in all gears. There were no problems with my motor he was just doing every thing right and knows what he is doing to be so young. I asked a lot of questions to see if he new what he was talking due to I new the correct answers. I have several friends that have had him do work and they cant say enough good about him. He is a perfectioness. His machine shop has all the state of art machines and he does all head , cylinders, in house and does not send things out.The shop is super clean. Well I could go on and on but I will use him again on a trike I am building now. Just give them a call and I think you will make the drive or give me a call and I can tell you more, Thanks Ron

DC Cycle Racing 256-3568911

Just give them a call and I think you will make the drive or give me a call and I can tell you more, Thanks Ron DC Cycle Racing 256-3568911

Ron you are definitely right. Dave spent a good amount of time with me on the phone explaining the process, what (specifically) we were dialing in and why we were doing it. Essentially a crash course in my engine as a fuel pump and the variables he adjusts to optimize the flow through the engine.....good stuff.... and worth the drive..... I also will not have to go on a 3-4 week wait list. He said he could do it as soon as I am ready. So I figure, my paint is in South Carolina...its 12 hrs away when I can go an get it... so why not go 7 hrs for a good dyno run ThumbUp

Thanks for the lead!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png