Dog's riding again!

Reaction score
So....I sold the Ural Gear-Up out from under my dog Lucy and bought a Freewheeler. She may have thought her riding days to be over. It ain't a sidecar without a dog.....

Anyway, yesterday I FINALLY mounted the Küryakyn Pet Palace onto the FW.

Me, my wife (not shown but good with a camera) and Lucy went out tooling around for a bit yesterday. Lucy loved it (as far as we could tell.) All I could see of her was the shadow of her head and ears on the road, and she looked pretty perky!

I believe I have made it up to her.

Later,

emskee

lucy 2 402 by 301.jpglucy 402 by 301.jpg

Cool! Wish we could take our dog when we ride but he is a little too big. He sulks when he sees that we are getting ready to leave.

Enjoy and ride safe!

Sunman

Lucy seems like she'll be in good hands with the pet palace ... My little guy, Harley (I know, not real original) loves to ride also. I went with a reverse nap sack, he's tethered in and when I get off so does he.

Forgot the pic .. LOL

2015-09-26 12.03.02.jpg

Don't know if you can tell ... he's only got one eye ... he attacked my 140# Rottweiler/Lab mix ... he lost.

Last edited:
Lucy seems like she'll be in good hands with the pet palace ... My little guy, Harley (I know, not real original) loves to ride also. I went with a reverse nap sack, he's tethered in and when I get off so does he.

Forgot tje pic .. LOL

View attachment 30708

Don't know if you can tell ... he's only got one eye ... he attacked my 140# Rottweiler/Lab mix ... he lost.

That is the absolute best dog + owner + off camera trike pic I have ever seen!!!!

That is awesome!

I wonder if Lucy would put up with it. She's half Scotty and so she really is kinda stuck up and pretty much into having it her way. We pretend that hanging out in the Pet Palace let's her think she's doing it herself.

Thanks. I really enjoyed that!

Screwed up about the eye, but that just makes it all the more awesome.

emskee

We have a Pet Palace and our Little Buddy Drake liked it a lot, but I decided to build him one that fit him better and he likes it a lot.
The top pic is him in his Homemade carrier on the Tail of the Dragon in September when we were at the TT Rally. The second pic is him in the Pet Palace back in the Spring.

903825.jpg
Triker Drake 015.jpg

We have a Pet Palace and our Little Buddy Drake liked it a lot, but I decided to build him one that fit him better and he likes it a lot.
The top pic is him in his Homemade carrier on the Tail of the Dragon in September when we were at the TT Rally. The second pic is him in the Pet Palace back in the Spring.

View attachment 30720
View attachment 30721

Got any pics of the home made one ... my wheels have been turning for awhile now ... the nap sack is good for short trips .... but he really can't lay down ... :D ... and ya know ... he 's the prince, so he must be spoiled.

Got any pics of the home made one ... my wheels have been turning for awhile now ... the nap sack is good for short trips .... but he really can't lay down ... :D ... and ya know ... he 's the prince, so he must be spoiled.

Fuzzy, I will have to take some pics of it for you. Basically I just bought a Scooter trunk off ebay for $15.00 and cut a hole in the top and trimmed the hole with Chrome auto door edging. I used conduit straps to secure it to the trunk rack. I cut carpet for bottom and attached a short leash to secure him/his harness, so he can't fall or jump out. I started to put a windshield on it but Drake likes the wind on his face so he would just look around it. The only thing I am still working out is a roof to keep him dry when we hit rain. I have some ideas to make something from clear plexi glass but haven't made it yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gloss-Black...est-/400473112716?hash=item5d3e0ec08c&vxp=mtr

Oh Lord, Can't let the wife see this thread, we have a weiner dog and a chaweiner that cherish every step she takes. They love me when shes not around hehe

View attachment 30720
View attachment 30721

That is one classy canine carriage.

I see what you did. Nice bit of work.

How quickly did your Little Buddy Drake get used to the Doggles?

Thanks.

emskee

That is one classy canine carriage.

I see what you did. Nice bit of work.

How quickly did your Little Buddy Drake get used to the Doggles?

Thanks.

emskee

He took to them right away. He pawed at them once and Moma scolded him and he never did it again. Now he just accepts them as part of the ride.

Oh Lord, Can't let the wife see this thread, we have a weiner dog and a chaweiner that cherish every step she takes. They love me when shes not around hehe

shhhhhhhhh

- - - Updated - - -

He took to them right away. He pawed at them once and Moma scolded him and he never did it again. Now he just accepts them as part of the ride.

Do you think he knows how cool he looks?

Fuzzy, I will have to take some pics of it for you. Basically I just bought a Scooter trunk off ebay for $15.00 and cut a hole in the top and trimmed the hole with Chrome auto door edging. I used conduit straps to secure it to the trunk rack. I cut carpet for bottom and attached a short leash to secure him/his harness, so he can't fall or jump out. I started to put a windshield on it but Drake likes the wind on his face so he would just look around it. The only thing I am still working out is a roof to keep him dry when we hit rain. I have some ideas to make something from clear plexi glass but haven't made it yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gloss-Black...est-/400473112716?hash=item5d3e0ec08c&vxp=mtr

I'd have to paint it Hot White, to match the bike, maybe some Hot Blue accents .... Harley will absolutely not ride in anything that is not color coordinated ... LOL ... he's funny that way ... :AGGHH: ... but I really like the idea ... I'm sure he would too, once it's painted.

Did you try plastic shops for a "dome"... we have a local one that will make you anything you want ... only issue is they are the only place in town so they are very proud of the work they do ... PRIDE = $$$. I might get one of those scouter trunks and take it to them and get them to make a "dome" for it (he'd be like the Pope). Maybe figure a way to make it removable ... Harley has to be "in the wind" too.

Another idea that just came to mind is maybe a sky light dome. Just the plexiglass part ... I might go to the Hospice store and see if they have any. They get stuff donated from contractors all the time and resell ... funny the stuff you can find.

As far as the mounting of the "Dome", probably just velcro would hold it, after all it would be aerodynamic. Or something as simple as a couple bolts with wing nuts. Thin rubber gasket to seal it.

Next issue I can see would be to add some vents. let some air in ... and a way to close them when it gets chilly. Maybe a 12 volt heat pad to add some warmth. Hmmm now the wheels are really turning. I can see this is getting to be a winter project ... LOL ... might be cheaper to get him a pet palace ... LOL.

Since you sent me the instructions on how to wear the Doggles, he doesn't mind them nearly as much, figures I was putting them on upside down. I've been considering "modding" the Doggles to make them for one eye ... LOL ... give him the "Pirate" look. When I picked him up from the Vet, after his incident and the Vet had removed the eye, the Vet told me he'd been telling Harley Pirate Jokes all morning so he was already used to the whole "One Eye Thing". Hasn't slowed him down much ... every once in awhile he'll "misjudge" the distance on something (depth perception is off) ... when he does that, he does' the whole "cat thing" and pretends like he meant to do it. The worse part of the one eye, is now I have to keep him separated from the 140# Rotweiller/Lab ... his philosophy is that she got him once, she's not getting a chance to do it again, he attacks her like Napoleon at Waterloo ... I keep explaining that Napoleon lost ... but I guess he figures he'll change history ... LOL ... the Rottie is the sweetest dog ... she just is huge and doesn't really know it. She'd never start anything ... thats Harley's job ... LOL.

So....I sold the Ural Gear-Up out from under my dog Lucy and bought a Freewheeler. She may have thought her riding days to be over. It ain't a sidecar without a dog.....

Anyway, yesterday I FINALLY mounted the Küryakyn Pet Palace onto the FW.

Me, my wife (not shown but good with a camera) and Lucy went out tooling around for a bit yesterday. Lucy loved it (as far as we could tell.) All I could see of her was the shadow of her head and ears on the road, and she looked pretty perky!

I believe I have made it up to her.

Later,

emskee

View attachment 30705View attachment 30706

Very Cool....But if you could, give me a heads up if you are riding thru the Chicago area? My wife sees that and I'm having to try and figure out how to do that on my TriGlide!!

Thanks!

My dog is a 130 lbs St Bernard, named Toby.

He does not ride with me; but, I always wonder if he is not just taking my ride out by himself when I leave him alone with it at home........

Springman

My dog is a 130 lbs St Bernard, named Toby.

He does not ride with me; but, I always wonder if he is not just taking my ride out by himself when I leave him alone with it at home........

Springman

Could be .... You should get him one of those trailers that looks like a keg .... put a little tap on it ... the Brandy keg could carry him around for awhile ... :D

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png