Just got a 2015 HD flrt freewheeler... need advice on where to find good raked trees

Just got a 2015 HD flrt freewheeler... need advice on where to find good raked trees

I know not much will probably be out yet but anyone know where to purchase raked triple trees for a freewheeler trike?

I don't yet know how much rake I will need , but I can tell you stock is not enough. I am a disabled rider with c.p. I rode 2 wheels for lots of years but now am having problems with my legs. I live in the mountains of Montana where 80 mph in tight mountain curves are normal all day long. I feel like I am fighting the trike every time I get into a high speed corner.

My longest ride so far has been 60 miles and it was exhausting. I am determined to make this work since I have the trike. All the other controls work ok for me but holding the trike steady in the corners at hwy speeds is killing my arms and making my legs murderously sore. Any helpful information would be appreciated.

thank you.

I have PMd bazooka also I am thinking you are right about the trees.

try pm ing bazooka he may have info. The free has the new 49 mm forks so trees might be had to come by.

just ran across a site on the internet where you can have custom trees built with any rake you want. I don't know about the quality but the site claims they have been building trees for 20 years. Thank you for responding . I appreciate it very very much.

I have a friend that replaced their front end with a original RK front end and installed one of the aftermarket rake units at the front wheel...I'll call them tomorrow to get the particulars for you

THE ORIGINAL POST DATE ON THE THREAD IS OLD BUT SINCE IT CAME UP AGAIN I WILL PUT IN MY TWO CENTS FOR ANY OTHER WHO HAS THIS QUESTION OK?

I bought a high quality (Hog Halter) 5 degree raked triple tree from BAZOOKA, his real name is randy ( the forums owner) for half the cost of the other manufacturers so it was around $700.00.

It has some damn nice features that made installation allot easier than more expensive raked trees i have since installed on other peoples bikes and their tree has nothing on mine for quality.

6-B_zps4971edb4.jpg

B-9newtrippletrees_zpsd3484c17.jpg AINT THEY PRETTY?

B-11newtreesfrontview_zps97599120.jpg

B-12rightforkinstalled_zps3a14439d.jpg

B-13frontforksinstalled_zpsf18fa05e.jpg

The kit came with an easy to understand instruction manual and the bottom roller bearing, seals, dust cups, shaft, top nut, upper lock washer, 2" fork extensions ( TO LEVEL THE BIKE BACK OUT) and all pinch hardware etc. You will need to get a new top bearing and race if yours is old. The upper bearing and race ( on mine) were the same part number ok?
If your front end is air assisted be sure to order the fittings separate.

It eliminated the need for the stock upper fork clamps, you don't have to worry about having the forks equal in the top clamp as the forks now screw into the top triple tree hand tight so no pipe wrench is needed either.

The torque pre-set is easily done from the bottom of the center shaft with a 3/8 ratchet and then the final torque is on the top nut. The front brake lines bolt into the same hole in the center shaft with a provided bolt.

Let me give you a piece of advice?

There is no lip on the bottom race to get a chisel on to knock it out.
Harley makes a tool for it but I didn't have one and they are somewhat pricy.
I tried to grind the race and split it but gave it up after about 2 1/2 hours.

Here's the trick put a small spot weld on the race it's self and let it cool a bit. That small spot weld will warp the race just enough to knock it out with a couple light taps and the spot weld gives you something to set a chisel on.

caution:

Keep your ground right next to where you are welding to avoid striking a spark through any other bearing or sensitive electrical part!

To see pictures and explanations on my tree installation as well as the whole conversion Google
pcombe library/photobucket

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png