<No Name>

Very, very nice Jim! Let us know when you drive that rascal down to Kerrville!

Soon!

I wanna get the feel of it and go down there.

A while back, I found out another kid that I grew up with (6-7 years old) lives there. Now, to find out how to find him. 👍🏼

Dual purpose ride. 😊

Day one of riding;

Tri won’t start unless it is in neutral and the gear indicator didn’t show what gear the Tri was in.

At the dealership and on the tester, it showed a defective lighted handlebar clutch switch. Dealer looked it up and the switch was a known problem (Harley keeps selling them knowing they are defective!). The replacements are a ‘modified’ fix. Now, I am on hold due to ‘backorder’ of a known good switch.

I can still ride, but I have to go to neutral to start it (I have trouble getting into neutral, so I hope that I don’t stall in heavy traffic! Safety situation to me!) and I will not see the gear that I am in (So, I just keep trying to upshift! LOL).

All in all, it is a cool new ride! I did notice a lot of things different from two wheels: It wants to walk the roads. Barely move the handlebars (2x2’s) and it responds quickly. It seems to be like wrestling a big steer around a curve! Rides good with shocks set on five (for now). I missed my backrest, until I put it on yesterday; next are the highway pegs!

I have to figure out what add-on parts that I want in black, chrome, or whatever. I want to change all of the lights to smoked LED’s, so I need to find some good brands.

More later as I get more experience behind the new bars.

Be safe and have a great day.

Jim

Hard to find neutral, have the clutch adjusted now by the dealer, it is about a 10 minute job and should be done for free

It should have been done ( PDI) before you picked it up, that LH switch should have been also done before you picked it up

Hard to find neutral, have the clutch adjusted now by the dealer, it is about a 10 minute job and should be done for free

It should have been done ( PDI) before you picked it up, that LH switch should have been also done before you picked it up

My other Harleys are the same. I just don’t have a ‘soft shift’ foot. LOL

The dealer never caught the switch being it was new and the tec never noticed it. No big deal. 👍🏼

Can you still start them in gear with the clutch in and stepping on the brake pedal?

I was trying to start it with the clutch in and a brake applied and that is how we found out that the switch was bad.

I was ‘told’ that I could start it that way, but not with my defective switch. LOL

Update: I found out yesterday that my cruise would turn on, but not set and hold any speed. Seems like some switches are bad from the go or ‘someone’ didn’t wire them up completely.

Talk about loud! Some people would be proud of my mufflers! While out on the road at cruising speed, these ‘stock’ mufflers are loud! I took it to my dealer and the rep took it for a spin. He came to the same conclusion: They are loud! So, did Harley go to a deeper and louder muffler on the 22 model Tri’s? Told the rep that I need to find a quieter exhaust (I like my music, while riding!).

Strange Tri! LOL

Switch

RareSS you mentioned that you wondered why Harley would continue building bikes with parts that have issues. If your read the warranty it states they have the right to use any version of a part when they build a bike. Be happy it runs and doesn’t blow up like mine did when they used the non current version of the oil pump instead of the current one. It’s Harley’s way of meeting their customer’s satisfaction goals.

They are saying the replacement switches have a new number and are on backorder until June. Disgusting!

Until you get it fixed add a heal shifter. It makes it easier to find neutral but I agree it suxs to buy a new trike and have problems with it. Hopefully you will not have any more problems with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png