Love Jugs install today

+1 ... One last question ... do you guys run these in the winter ... or am I the only nut job riding in the 30"s? ... LOL.

Live just across the continental divide from you (south of Denver) and we ride year round as long as the roads are free of snow/ice. Too many clear blue sky days out here to not ride just because temps are lower. Yes, I ride with the fans on all the time, all year long and LOVE them. The Mighty Mites really do a good job. I've got mine wired so they start when the trike starts. Original install was wired so I had to remember to turn the fans on. Turns out I have more brain farts than I care to admit to and forgot to turn the fans on enough times that I changed the wiring.

I used to have the Wards fans on my '13 Triglide and really liked the thermostat thing. Not so much for when it turned on (when engine temps reached around 220 degrees), but more so for when it turned off (fans stayed on until the engine cooled down to 180 or so degrees). Seems like it was a good idea to have the fans still run after you stopped to keep cooling the engine down...but to be honest, I don't know if that's a good/useful thing or not. I know there's a fan built into the trike that I hear running after I stop, but it doesn't run very long and not sure if it's cooling the engine down much. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this will chime in.

I know there's a fan built into the trike that I hear running after I stop, but it doesn't run very long and not sure if it's cooling the engine down much. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this will chime in.

The fans cool the coolant down ... not the engine.

I get the whole brain fart thing ... when I buy these .., I'm getting whatever I need to make them come on with the ignition.

I used to have the Wards fans on my '13 Triglide and really liked the thermostat thing. Not so much for when it turned on (when engine temps reached around 220 degrees), but more so for when it turned off (fans stayed on until the engine cooled down to 180 or so degrees). Seems like it was a good idea to have the fans still run after you stopped to keep cooling the engine down...but to be honest, I don't know if that's a good/useful thing or not. I know there's a fan built into the trike that I hear running after I stop, but it doesn't run very long and not sure if it's cooling the engine down much. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this will chime in.

I have the Wards with thermostat on my '10. In the Summer they might run for 5 minutes, then shut off. The only time I turn them off is when fueling. I'm skeered of blowing atomized fuel onto a hot engine if I spill some. The couple of times I've forgotten to turn them back on, I noticed the heat difference right away on the Powervision.

I get the whole brain fart thing ... when I buy these .., I'm getting whatever I need to make them come on with the ignition.

My Ward’s fans come on with the ignition. You gotta buy the auxiliary switch that replaces the blanks next to the passing lights switch. I reckon I’ll be buying Mighty Mites from Zook when my present fans decide to take a crap. Wards isn’t an option anymore even if I wanted them.

Love Jugs

You all convinced me. Mighty Mites are on my wish list for this year!

I have to say. I in joy reading all the great advice. It just helps in proving owe life still of riding. Keep up the great job!!!:clapping:

Alan, take a look at the 5th pic in the thread and zoom in to see lighted switches in lower left dash panel. Just another method used to have more on/off control of some add-on electronics. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/53604-Getting-the-job-almost-done

So they are run off the same acc connection, just via that switch? You still have to turn them on or do you leave the switch on all the time? What else is in that acc port? it's only rated to 15 amps.

So they are run off the same acc connection, just via that switch? You still have to turn them on or do you leave the switch on all the time? What else is in that acc port? it's only rated to 15 amps.

Yea, the harness for the Auxiliary Power Switch Kit connects to the Accessory Connector left side cover. The harness has a 4 way [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Deutsch Connection for electronics above 2 amps (plug and play connection for MM plug-in (dedicated to switch position 3 in the dash panel) That harness also has a two or three wire connection points for wiring in electronics below and above 2 amps, respectively (connections dedicated to switch in center position of dash panel. 2 wire components are like LED Lights and three wire connections like heated grips.

[/FONT]I've been leaving my dash switch and flip switch for MM's always on, except when I visit dealer service. Apparently they get annoyed when the fans come on whenever they need to turn the ignition switch on, so they flip off the switch on the fans. Afterwards I push the switch on , but end up riding several miles before noticing the increase heat and reach down and hit fans flip switch. So turn off before entering service solves that.

So only two connections for the switches harness; mine are Mighty Mites and Stealth LED Driving Lights. Because the harness has sole use of the Accessory Connector, is the reason why I'd like to have a "Y" connector to be able to connect my heated seat connector again, which I had to remove.

So only two connections for the switches harness; mine are Mighty Mites and Stealth LED Driving Lights. Because the harness has sole use of the Accessory Connector, is the reason why I'd like to have a "Y" connector to be able to connect my heated seat connector again, which I had to remove.

Is all that gonna be less than 15 amps? I have no idea what those loads draw ... but seems like a lot ... as I've stated a lot ... me and tricity don't get along ... stuff scares me. :AGGHH:

Is all that gonna be less than 15 amps? I have no idea what those loads draw ... but seems like a lot ... as I've stated a lot ... me and tricity don't get along ... stuff scares me. :AGGHH:

Well under 8 amp draw for LED Driving Lights, MM's and Heated Seat....But if it's cold enough outside for me use to the heated seat, then I'd never have the MM's switched on. So excessive current draw really isn't an issue for me.

And these fans cool the engine down. Got them with the accessory plug, right into the harness under the left cover. Dash switch on, fan switch on, fans come on with the ignition. Easy-peezy. gotta love them! Thanks, Papa Zook!

And these fans cool the engine down. Got them with the accessory plug, right into the harness under the left cover. Dash switch on, fan switch on, fans come on with the ignition. Easy-peezy. gotta love them! Thanks, Papa Zook!

do they blow air across or suck air inboard?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png