Prayers for Mom .... And Me ... Again

FuzzyWuzHe

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
Mom went to her foot doctor yesterday. On her right foot the toes for years have been curling. Not under, just inward. She's known for years that she would eventually need to have this repaired. Anyway, her doctor said it's time and they have scheduled her surgery for 7/10/2020.

Apparently the surgery is not that big a deal, but, the recovery is.

1) She will be in some sort of boot that will contain her foot and help her to walk without damaging the toes post surgery.

2) She will be confined to a recliner for 4 weeks and only allowed up on her feet for 5 minutes an hour.

3) She will need to go to the doc every week for dressing changes.

4) No driving for at least 4 weeks.

The timing stinks with the new puppy and all, but, what can ya do. Not sure how she's gonna do a recliner, we have two, but, they are in the living room. We haven't used the living room in years ... LOL ... no tv there ... I'm guessing I could pull a recliner into the kitchen area through the opening. I don't know. Maybe take the leaf out of the table and make a little more room. :Shrug: Guess I'll figure it out.

Anyway ... I'd appreciate your prayers for mom to have a quick recovery and for my sanity ... LOL ... it's borderline now ... this may be when the men in white coats finally come for me ... and ya know ... I'm gonna go peacefully ... :D

Anyway ... I'd appreciate your prayers for mom to have a quick recovery and for my sanity ... LOL ... it's borderline now ... this may be when the men in white coats finally come for me ... and ya know ... I'm gonna go peacefully ... :D[/QUOTE]

what...and leave Kira? 🐶 🐾🐾

Praying for all. Unfortunately after all that time off of the feet there may be even more time in therapy. Maybe not but I doubt 5 minutes a day will be enough to not require it.

Update

Mom had her surgery the morning ... The ailment she had is called "Hammer Toe" ... the surgery went really well according to the Doc ... Now comes the true pain, she has to have her foot elevated to her hips for 80% of the waking time (Doc recommended a recliner). This only has to happen for 4 weeks .... :AGGHH: .... thanks James ... for this too I will consider Joy :D

That's great news. She should recover just fine now. I have just the opposite problem. Because I have a total ankle replacement, my toes started to curl under. I had them fixed one at a time before they became a problem. Still off the feet for extended period of time but beat having major surgery later like your mom. :clapping:

Update

Took Mom to her doc's office today and he did a dressing change. Got a great report, the doc said she is very much ahead of schedule, as much as a week ahead. He told her he wants her to start walking around a little more, like up to 20-30 minutes an hour.

Pretty good news for me, although I'm still doing almost everything around here. I've always done 90% of the cooking, all household repairs, cleaned my end of the house, so that's not changed. I now spend my days watering her plants, cleaning the whole house, doing laundry, etc. Not complaining, just looking forward to getting back to normal. I do wish that Mom would have waited until Kira was a bit older before doing this. Had I known this was coming, Kira would not be mine, so maybe not.

I do get a bit of time early morning each day to do as I want, Tomorrow I plan on trying to figure out why the FM on the Tri is sketchy, might just be the area here, we go through periods where it doesn't work well ... all signals from all channels come off basically one tower on top of the Colorado National Monument. After that, I may put the new end caps on.

Anyway, her doc said she may be able to drive as early as two more weeks. So, we take good news were we get it.

Took Mom to her doc's office today and he did a dressing change. Got a great report, the doc said she is very much ahead of schedule, as much as a week ahead. He told her he wants her to start walking around a little more, like up to 20-30 minutes an hour.

Pretty good news for me, although I'm still doing almost everything around here. I've always done 90% of the cooking, all household repairs, cleaned my end of the house, so that's not changed. I now spend my days watering her plants, cleaning the whole house, doing laundry, etc. Not complaining, just looking forward to getting back to normal. I do wish that Mom would have waited until Kira was a bit older before doing this. Had I known this was coming, Kira would not be mine, so maybe not.

I do get a bit of time early morning each day to do as I want, Tomorrow I plan on trying to figure out why the FM on the Tri is sketchy, might just be the area here, we go through periods where it doesn't work well ... all signals from all channels come off basically one tower on top of the Colorado National Monument. After that, I may put the new end caps on.

Anyway, her doc said she may be able to drive as early as two more weeks. So, we take good news were we get it.

ThumbUp.............:clapping:....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png