Yamaha v star with voyager trike kit need parts

Daveg

Mar 10, 2021
Dade City fl.
I am new to the site today. Hope someone can help me.I came across a voyager trike for sale and got it.It was on HD so the rear axle brackets will not work on my v star 650.I can make the belly pan work with out to much work.I am looking for someone that wants to sell me the rear axle brackets.I called voyager.That was fun.

They don't care what you want, they will only sell the hole mount kit(belly pan,rear axle brackets and some other mise.stuff.They want $900.00 for it.That is more than I payed for the hole thing.It would be great if someone had the brackets.If not I will have to make them or have them made.I am sure it will be a heck of lot less than $900.Thanks for any help.Have a great day.

I am new to the site today. Hope someone can help me.I came across a voyager trike for sale and got it.It was on HD so the rear axle brackets will not work on my v star 650.I can make the belly pan work with out to much work.I am looking for someone that wants to sell me the rear axle brackets.I called voyager.That was fun.

They don't care what you want, they will only sell the hole mount kit(belly pan,rear axle brackets and some other mise.stuff.They want $900.00 for it.That is more than I payed for the hole thing.It would be great if someone had the brackets.If not I will have to make them or have them made.I am sure it will be a heck of lot less than $900.Thanks for any help.Have a great day.

Dave Welcome To Trike-Talk..........:wave4:...About the brackets Maybe Lee H Mann [Jim Murphy] Can help you out...Once he sees this post....

Unless you like screwin around in the garage. it maybe a good time to spend the money. By the time you're done it won't be cheap. Plus it'll probably come with setup instructions. I know,I know, it's easy to spend other people's money.:)

Thanks for the feedback

Thank you all for the feedback.AS for spending a lot of time in making things work.Time I have,money Not so much.I am retired and trying to stay riding as long as I can.(almost 74) The belly pan is no big deal to make it work.The axle brackets will take some doing.The ones that came with it were on a sportster so they will need some work to make them work.Was hoping some one mite of had some v star 650 rear brackets left over.If not I will just rework these to work.Thanks again Have a great day.

No one has any parts?

Well no one seams to have any parts for sale.So as I have more time than money I came up with a way to mount the trike to my v star.I took off that 50 pounds of spring brackets on the back of the trike and made so new brackets to mount it some what like some of the other trike kits mount.I am putting it on today.I think it will work good after some fine tuning.It is a lot lighter now with all that junk in the back gone.I will post later on how it worked out.Have a great day.:GL1800:

I would like to see some pictures as well. I have a 99 royal star venture that I am putting a voyager kit back on it.

V Star 650 with modified voyager trike kit.

Ok I got it done and it works great.Rides good I will try to post a few pictures.v star trike.jpgLike I said before I took off all that stuff they had on the back to mount it and made my own set up.It is about 45 to 50 pound lighter now.Trike wheels are about 1 1/2 inch back from center of bike axle.This make the steering easy to turn and it goes down the road with out any pulling to one side or the other.It was less than $80 in parts to do this not the $900 dealer wanted for parts.Yes it took some time to work it out,but time I had.Hope this help some one .Have a great day

Ok I got it done and it works great.Rides good I will try to post a few pictures.View attachment 98394Like I said before I took off all that stuff they had on the back to mount it and made my own set up.It is about 45 to 50 pound lighter now.Trike wheels are about 1 1/2 inch back from center of bike axle.This make the steering easy to turn and it goes down the road with out any pulling to one side or the other.It was less than $80 in parts to do this not the $900 dealer wanted for parts.Yes it took some time to work it out,but time I had.Hope this help some one .Have a great day

:clapping:........Looking great...ThumbUp..

Thanks for the feedback

Thank you all for the likes.It worked out good.If some one needs some springs and shocks and stuff from a voyager kit(about 50 lbs of stuff) I have it.Thanks again you all have a great day

Rear brackets

Hey can I see how you made the rear brackets? I'm running into the same problem you had!

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. The rear brackets for v star are strange and they want to sell the hole kit not just the brackets.So I came up with a way to not have brackets fixed to rear axle.What I did was use the cross bar on the voyager as a mount point for the rear. Made a bar to go across the bike frame just in front of the rear tire and put 2 long bolts with rubber bushings down to the cross bar on the voyager frame.This lets it move up and down and keeps it centered on the bike.And by takeing off all that springs,shocks and outher junk you don't need makes it 50 pound s lighter too. Sorry have no pictures of it.Will try to get some soon.It will go down the road and not pull left or right.and it can move up and down with the road and not make rear bike wheel jump off the ground if you hit a bump with the trike wheel.Make sure you put trike wheel center about 1 to 1 1/2 inch back of bike center axle and it will track and turn great.Hope this helps.Have a great ride.

mounting hardware pics

Ok I got it done and it works great.Rides good I will try to post a few pictures.View attachment 98394Like I said before I took off all that stuff they had on the back to mount it and made my own set up.It is about 45 to 50 pound lighter now.Trike wheels are about 1 1/2 inch back from center of bike axle.This make the steering easy to turn and it goes down the road with out any pulling to one side or the other.It was less than $80 in parts to do this not the $900 dealer wanted for parts.Yes it took some time to work it out,but time I had.Hope this help some one .Have a great day

I was wondering if you have pics off the rear brackets and the mounting plate. i have the same issue. brought a kit that was on a yamaha venture 1300. for the most part we can get the belly plate to fit. As you said the rear mounting brackets are made to the specific bike. I have some ideas of modifying to fit but would like to see what someone else has already done.

I was wondering if you have pics off the rear brackets and the mounting plate. i have the same issue. brought a kit that was on a yamaha venture 1300. for the most part we can get the belly plate to fit. As you said the rear mounting brackets are made to the specific bike. I have some ideas of modifying to fit but would like to see what someone else has already done.

Keith…. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. The rear brackets for v star are strange and they want to sell the hole kit not just the brackets.So I came up with a way to not have brackets fixed to rear axle.What I did was use the cross bar on the voyager as a mount point for the rear. Made a bar to go across the bike frame just in front of the rear tire and put 2 long bolts with rubber bushings down to the cross bar on the voyager frame.This lets it move up and down and keeps it centered on the bike.And by takeing off all that springs,shocks and outher junk you don't need makes it 50 pound s lighter too. Sorry have no pictures of it.Will try to get some soon.It will go down the road and not pull left or right.and it can move up and down with the road and not make rear bike wheel jump off the ground if you hit a bump with the trike wheel.Make sure you put trike wheel center about 1 to 1 1/2 inch back of bike center axle and it will track and turn great.Hope this helps.Have a great ride.
If you can't provide photos can you do a crude sketch so I can get a better idea about how you did this? I'm having the same issue myself.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png