V8 trike steering

for those of you with a V8 trike, and have the rods from the front triple tree to the handlebars say about 4 or 5 ft long,what is the distance between the rods at the triple tree and at the handlebar triple tree mine are 12inchs at the front triple tree and 16inches at the rear triple tree.

I find it very easy to steer with the bars on the front triple tree at 12 inches and the ones on the rear at 8 inches. With this setup for every one pound of pressure you apply to the handle bars you are pushing 4 pounds of pressure on the forks or you could say it gives you a 4 to 1 ratio. After tying every length to be thought of this is the one I use. After building 40 trikes there has never been a problem with any steering yet.

Guys,, I manufacture one of the best affordable Monster Leading link kits.. They are designed , useing Harley basic specs. for heavy V8 trikes and VW trikes as well..

I put one on my Corvette trike, removing a crappy Gold wing unit. The difference was nite and day!! The long link steering was MUCH easier and it drove and handled much better as well.. When I started playing around with it in the dirt, it was ALMOST nimble..

Iv posted all the specs on my website, should you want to build one on your own...Only thing is you cant build just one as cheap as I sell the kit..(with the same quility parts). I always pass any knowledge I have to help get more and better trikes on the road.

On the link steering..If the handlebar "neck" were moved more to the front and longer laid back handlebars are used, the effort and leverage of the bars will be much better. The problem of course is the engine stuff like distrubutorarb get in the way..I can take some good planing to make it work.

http://bettertrikes.yolasite.com/monster-leading-link.php

Guys,, I manufacture one of the best affordable Monster Leading link kits.. They are designed , useing Harley basic specs. for heavy V8 trikes and VW trikes as well..

I put one on my Corvette trike, removing a crappy Gold wing unit. The difference was nite and day!! The long link steering was MUCH easier and it drove and handled much better as well.. When I started playing around with it in the dirt, it was ALMOST nimble..

Iv posted all the specs on my website, should you want to build one on your own...Only thing is you cant build just one as cheap as I sell the kit..(with the same quility parts). I always pass any knowledge I have to help get more and better trikes on the road.

On the link steering..If the handlebar "neck" were moved more to the front and longer laid back handlebars are used, the effort and leverage of the bars will be much better. The problem of course is the engine stuff like distrubutorarb get in the way..I can take some good planing to make it work.

http://bettertrikes.yolasite.com/monster-leading-link.php

Whats your email ??

I find it very easy to steer with the bars on the front triple tree at 12 inches and the ones on the rear at 8 inches. With this setup for every one pound of pressure you apply to the handle bars you are pushing 4 pounds of pressure on the forks or you could say it gives you a 4 to 1 ratio. After tying every length to be thought of this is the one I use. After building 40 trikes there has never been a problem with any steering yet.

i believe there is something wrong with the math here
12 to 8 same as 3 to 2 or 1.5 to 1
but certaily not 4 time advantage

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png