installed DK Lift kit and tank lift

Jun 27, 2015
kitchener
Just finished installing the DK comfort lift and tank lift as well. All went great with the instructions being far more clear than typical Harley type parts. Lifted both the front of the tank and the rear and it looks great. I found that the fuel tank was just about as far back as it could go already but wanted to lift the rear of the tank a little. Have not done a test ride yet. My wife and I combined weigh a total of 300 pounds. Any suggestion as to what shock air pressure would be a good starting point?

DK have shown to be a great company to deal with and I will use them again. DK I would like to add more light to the rear of my bike and I am waiting for you to come out with something to do the job.

I know with my 11, Me at 2 Hundred pounds and solo any thing under 35 pounds in the rear shocks, On a hard bump they bottom out with a good rap. :Shrug: I keep mine at 40. Every now and then i will try a lower pressure, Only to go back to 40..

The Misses and I are about 320#, we run 22 in the rear tires and 35 in the shocks, our roads are in great shape so not much bumpity-bump down here in Florida.

Just finished installing the DK comfort lift and tank lift as well. All went great with the instructions being far more clear than typical Harley type parts. Lifted both the front of the tank and the rear and it looks great. I found that the fuel tank was just about as far back as it could go already but wanted to lift the rear of the tank a little. Have not done a test ride yet. My wife and I combined weigh a total of 300 pounds. Any suggestion as to what shock air pressure would be a good starting point?

DK have shown to be a great company to deal with and I will use them again. DK I would like to add more light to the rear of my bike and I am waiting for you to come out with something to do the job.

I would start out around 35 psi in the shocks...then go up and down by 2 psi increments until you find the sweet spot for your riding style and roads.

We are working on a few different prototypes for lights in the rear. We are planning on all of them being an easy install (which means more development work) and all of them being Run-Brake-Turn.

Simultaneously we are working on a couple of different prototypes for lights up front...one that I am really excited about, never seen anything like it before.

Of course, I want them all on the shelf now...but the reality is that the 5 different options we are looking at above are going to take at least a couple of months.

Also, we have some nice driving lights that will mount off the engine guard down low. These are close to release. If you've never run lights like this before, it's very nice having them down low, really illuminates the road.

Kevin

Yes, very much like those...but, those are crazy expensive!

I first ran some of these type on my Road King about 10 years ago...halogen...really liked them. Have run various halogens on different bikes since. I like the LED's even better. :)

Kevin

I thought about a set for my 06, changed my mind once I changed the head light and passing lamps to the Trucklite LED. They throw out more than enough light for me, enough I have cars flash their high beams at me from time to time, I even have the head light aimed down a little on the low side.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png