Our New Motorcycle, and VTX Trike is gone...

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Sadly, we got rid of the VTX1300 Trike when we got home. It has been one issue after another, some small, some not so small. Our Local Dealer has been great about doing the work totally free under warranty, but it even had an exhaust pipe seperate on the way home. I've never been happy with this or the 750 Trike before it, and have turned a lota' wrenches on both. The vibration of both of these when made into Trikes is much more than as a Cruiser, along with a lot of extra noises. If/When we ever purchase another Trike, it too, will be a Gold Wing Trike. Mitzie has been riding the 'Wing some for a coupla' months, and can "flick it" very, very well. It has also been "bullet-proof" during the time we've owned it, and glides along at any speed flawlessly.

Our Local Dealer, knowing we've (...especially me...:() never been fully happy about this Trike, wrote us a check and gave us this 2012 Phantom for it. Wanted a Phantom for a long time...Dealer was more than fair...ThumbUp....The "Blacked Out" Phantom.....

BaldRiverFalls-Phantom006.jpg

BaldRiverFalls-Phantom007.jpg

BaldRiverFalls-Phantom008.jpg

BaldRiverFalls-Phantom009.jpg

BaldRiverFalls-Phantom010.jpg

Unlike the older ones, the Phantom is fuel-injected, gets better mileage, and more horsepower.....Great Bike.....ThumbUp

Hmmmmm..... why does it appear that Mitzi got screwed on this deal? Somehow I'm thinkin' it will be skuuter riding the sharp, blacked out shadow instead of his lovely wife!!!!

I did not know that Mitize was such a hotrodder.That looks nice,but I would have to have a windshield.RIDE SAFE

hmmmmm no issues with my vtx 1800 ? how many miles on the 1300 ?

Only 9000+ on the Bike, 2000+ on the Trike Kit....I've owned VTX1800s and 1300s in the past and no Bike issues....the Trike version just hasn't worked out...constant wrenching, etc. ......ThumbUp

Nana.....SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......:D...She rides em' all actually.....;)

THANKS Folks....Yeah, Mitzie and I both are fond of the "Bare Bones, Blacked Out" Look.....ThumbUp

...my curiousity is gettting the best of me here...were both bikes kitted with a similar brand of kit? And were the problems related to vibration or the shaft drive dynamics...please give :Shrug:me more?

Had an exhaust pipe separate ? We tried to warn you, "skuuter", but would you listen ? NoooOOOOoooo......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: TOTALLY teasing with ya :D ThumbUp

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/honda-trikes-8/removing-backfire-vtx1300-motor-trike-10717/

Sorry to hear that the VTX1300 just wasn't working out for Y'all, but glad that the dealership did you more than right.

That Phantom is a pretty cool looking ride :10:

Enjoy many pleasant miles and Ride Safe ThumbUp

Had an exhaust pipe separate ? We tried to warn you, "skuuter", but would you listen ? NoooOOOOoooo......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: TOTALLY teasing with ya :D ThumbUp

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/honda-trikes-8/removing-backfire-vtx1300-motor-trike-10717/

Sorry to hear that the VTX1300 just wasn't working out for Y'all, but glad that the dealership did you more than right.

That Phantom is a pretty cool looking ride :10:

Enjoy many pleasant miles and Ride Safe ThumbUp

THANKS....Yeah, ALL is Well....worked out to Everyone's satisfaction.....ThumbUp :10:

THANKS....Yeah, ALL is Well....worked out to Everyone's satisfaction.....ThumbUp :10:

That's the important thing and you're both still in the wind ThumbUp

In re-reading the "backfire" thread, the VTX1300 had some issues right along and you did some mods, including a re-jet, to alleviate most of the backfiring. After installing the baffles, you reversed all mods, re-jetted back to stock, etc. to see if the backfiring was still gone and it was. So essentially, the VTX1300 was now back to bone stock with a backfiring issue that was apparently remedied by the baffles.

In the interest of trying to help others avoid possible problems with their VTX1300's, would you consider the baffle fix as still being recommended or would you have managed it differently ? Certainly NOT trying to embarrass you, "skuuter", but am thinking about others who may have done the same baffle fix when maybe they might want to re-think doing that is all.

Bottom line, am truly happy for Y'all and, as always.........Ride Safe ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png