Radios....

spiritdream

TOI - Massachusetts
Sep 1, 2008
Central MA
Why can I get a regular FM radio in a car, but my only option for the trike seems to be an MP3 player or a Satellite radio.....what am I missing here?? Why can't I just get a simple FM radio??

I really don't have an answer to your question, but as a related option I'm in the process of getting an iPod Nano with also has an FM radio built in. I'm going to hook up the nano to the stereo unit from MotorcycleTunes.

Cheri,
What do you have for a trike? Do other trikes like yours only have this option with no FM?
Just wondering if you can put an aftermarket radio in there with AM/FM & satellite.

Rosy
From NH

Rosy, right now I have nothing. It's an 07 Suzuki with Lehman kit - no fairing at all. I can add one, but when I look for a radio to put in it, all I seem to find are the satellite radios. Those require a subscription, and I just can't take on another bill! The only other things I've found are hookups for MP3/iPod players - with one of those, I suppose I could use my phone to tune in to Slacker or Pandora, but I don't have an Unlimited package, so I'd hit my data maximum pretty quickly. :(

My logic says it should be possible - I just need to find out if it is, and then how. :Shrug:

Cheri,

Look this up on Google:
Shark SHKMSDHRS6160

You should come up with a handlebar radio system for a motorcycle without a fairing. It also includes a remote so you can change channels.
Let me know how you made out and if it is in your price range. They may have used ones in E-Bay, I didn't look there.
Good luck!

Rosy
From NH

Hi Rosy, thanks!! Showed it to hubby this morning - he says it should work on mine fine. Now, to save yet more money...can't seem to get the bill collectors to understand that I have better things to do with my money right now - Maggie Valley, stereo, etc!! :D

Hey Rosey from New Hampshire. My name is Jerry Hobbit and my wife & I are from Dover,
New Hampshire. We now reside in Alachua Florida since 2003.
Ride Safe

Well, small world. I have lived in Dover since the 50's when my Dad was at Pease AFB.
If you ever come back this way, give my a ring (e-mail) and we will get together.
Have a great time in Florida and ride safe!

Regards,

Rosy
From Dover, NH

Hi Rosy, thanks!! Showed it to hubby this morning - he says it should work on mine fine. Now, to save yet more money...can't seem to get the bill collectors to understand that I have better things to do with my money right now - Maggie Valley, stereo, etc!! :D

Cheri,
I am happy I was able to help you.
Speaking of money, did you read my latest thread about my engine side cover coming off and I may have to spend $400 for a new one! :(
When it rains it pours!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Hey everybody
I have a Memphis shade fairing on my vtx 1300 motor trike and other than hog tunes I have no other option. Anybody have a better suggestion? Pixs would be good. I hate to spend another 3-4 hundred on the hog tunes.

Hey everybody
I have a Memphis shade fairing on my vtx 1300 motor trike and other than hog tunes I have no other option. Anybody have a better suggestion? Pixs would be good. I hate to spend another 3-4 hundred on the hog tunes.

Did you get a chance to look at Google with the info I gave Cheri. Here it is again:
Shark SHKMSDHRS6160
Look at this type of radio and see if it will fit on your rig.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I built a bar mount enclosure with a drop down lid for my wife's trike and used a marrine am/fm/mp3 radio no cd also had to build a dipole antenna to work with the trike because of the small ground field and water proof bar mount speakers from ebay (pyle)

View attachment 5776

A couple of radios I saw at the recent Valkyrie rally. Both are weather-proof. Makes you think outside the box.

I liked this one, for the mounting possibilities in a fairing, and of course, $

Amazon.com: Milennia MILPRV15 Milennia PRV15 AM-FM Gauge Size Radio with USB & Aux In: Automotive

This Jensen was only slightly larger than a pack of cigarettes, and also had weather band. And, somewhat higher $

Jensen Radio JHD910 - Waterproof Mini AM/FM/WB/Stereo With Aux-in ATV/UTV : Amazon.com : Automotive

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png