waxing question here!

Holy crap, after reading the beginners, (first timer's) use of this product, I have to say that I actually have a "headache", all I want to do is just wax my bike, w/o all the other prep that goes with it..

I usually always give my trike a good complete wax job, everytime, we have an all day rain storm...In my garage I go, my roll away sitting stool, is waiting for me, a can of wax and polishing cloth in my hand, headset on my ears, "get a good buzz on" and wax away, with Led Zeppelin blasting away in my ears............let it rain!

Ronnie

I love to keep my bike wax'ed up, and nice and clean, after rides...BUT i have a thought... I always wax on, then use a rag to polish off...HOW POSSIBLE IS IT DURING WINTER STORAGE, to just put wax on all the chrome, and keep it waxed up without polishing off during the long storage winter months?? (just trying to keep rust off my chrome) How hard will it be to clean up after, leaving wax on for maybe 4 or 5 months??

Anybody try this method, and how did it work??

Ronnie

I waxed the chrome wheels (did not wipe off) on a very nice BSA years ago to protect it over the winter. Ruined the wheels. I didn't realize that wax absorbs water if left laying on a surface without polishing. Rusted the chrome all to hell.

I waxed the chrome wheels (did not wipe off) on a very nice BSA years ago to protect it over the winter. Ruined the wheels. I didn't realize that wax absorbs water if left laying on a surface without polishing. Rusted the chrome all to hell.

This is very, very good info to know, thank you! I'm now glad that I did wax and polish, after, leaving no wax residue....... thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ronnie

Ronnie, just use Zaino on it. That stuff rocks! Definitely wipe it off according to the directions. There is no powdery residue.

Looks like there's a couple different Zaino's out there, which one are you using and where do you get it?

Be careful with all that wax on wax off thing, after you ware out the clear coat , then it’s the paint , then the prime :gah: If your that board your welcome here as I have lots of steel on wheels that you can shine up :D Led Zeplin included ! I’ll even feed ya.

let me charge up the iphone, and i'm on my way............O'oh!~ life is good! Be there soon! yep pee something too do!

Ronnie

Zaino sounds like a ceramic sealer ... but I couldn't find anywhere that I saw that says that ... Kevin was talking about these awhile ago ... lot of work ... but looks like the results are awesome.

Chrome may have changed over the years, but in the mists of time past (late 60's early 70's) I was told by an uncle that worked in a chrome shop not to apply auto wax chrome. He said chrome is actually somewhat porous, wax will trap moisture under the coating. Eventually rust will form and the plating will flake.

Chrome may have changed over the years, but in the mists of time past (late 60's early 70's) I was told by an uncle that worked in a chrome shop not to apply auto wax chrome. He said chrome is actually somewhat porous, wax will trap moisture under the coating. Eventually rust will form and the plating will flake.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting "thought" here, So now if wax is not the correct "stuff" to use any more, then what's the best stuff, for us conscious, folks that loves a nice clean shiny, no rust vehicle(s)????????? :(:(

Ronnie

Checked it out on Amazon, think I'll pass, way too much volume and the price, gulp. If they just had a small trial bottle of the stuff......

I read a article in The Rocket Science Weekly [December 2018] Magazine that a well waxed Trike/Motorcycle traveling though ambient and or non-ambient air , The wax will cause a molecular level of drag, And in turn have a negative effect on Speed and MPG...As opposed to an un-waxed Trike/Motorcycle ....Just something to ponder as you are waxing a Trike/Motorcycle .....:D...

Ouch! All these "NO WAX" posts do hurt, cause I true'ly love to wax "Blacky" when ever it rains all day long....As I mentioned earlier, into the garage I go, on goes the head phones, out comes the can of wax, and in the other hand goes my polishing cloth, and I then go to work, wax'in & polish'n....It give me great pride, and accomplishment (thank God for spell check here) to see my bike all clean and ready for it's next riding adventure.................:):)

Ronnie

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting "thought" here, So now if wax is not the correct "stuff" to use any more, then what's the best stuff, for us conscious, folks that loves a nice clean shiny, no rust vehicle(s)????????? :(:(

Ronnie, I used this by itself on my Harley and some professional detail guys at my dealership said they'd never seen a paint job that shined like mine did. On the Wing I'll use this with Zaino's Gloss Enhancer and it shines like a mofo. Yes, a little more labor intensive but it lasts a long time and looks beautiful!

http://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-2.html

Ronnie, I used this by itself on my Harley and some professional detail guys at my dealership said they'd never seen a paint job that shined like mine did. On the Wing I'll use this with Zaino's Gloss Enhancer and it shines like a mofo. Yes, a little more labor intensive but it lasts a long time and looks beautiful!

Thanks Tom,

I'm definitely going to look into this product, I myself (and sound like yourself included) love my bike to shine. It's my pride 'n' joy, I've worked many, many years to pay for this bike, it sure'ly didn't come easy that's for sure.. I personally can't see how folks can purchase a bike as expensive as our wings and just let it rot away, without a care, don't change oils/fluids and never wash/wax it... I baby my bike (wife's actually kinda jealous/she claims I treat my bike better then her) Just because I make the wife sleep in the garage, and my bike sleeps in my bedroom..."that doesn't mean that I true'ly love my bike more does it" ????? LOL

{if she just saw what I just posted she'd kick my azz 4 sure}

Ronnie

Ok you talked me into this product, I'm going to give it a try, after reading about it, I decided, anythings worth a try... So I made the call and sent in money (charge card)..I true'ly love my bike to shine, thank you for your help and interest... Looking forward to have the shine'est bike in the neighborhood....

Thanks again, :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

Ouch! All these "NO WAX" posts do hurt, cause I true'ly love to wax "Blacky" when ever it rains all day long....As I mentioned earlier, into the garage I go, on goes the head phones, out comes the can of wax, and in the other hand goes my polishing cloth, and I then go to work, wax'in & polish'n....It give me great pride, and accomplishment (thank God for spell check here) to see my bike all clean and ready for it's next riding adventure.................:):)

Ronnie

Just yanken your chain' Ronnie....:laugh:.....

I'm over the stage of the machine has to shine, I had the Slingshot out this morning on the snow covered roads, With the salt and other stuff that the town puts down.. I Did that with all the Trikes [3] i had, ride them hard and put them away wet...

But like i say , Just kidding....

And just to stay on topic...The best wax is Pig Snot..No joke!

Just yanken your chain' Ronnie....:laugh:.....

I'm over the stage of the machine has to shine, I had the Slingshot out this morning on the snow covered roads, With the salt and other stuff that the town puts down.. I Did that with all the Trikes [3] i had, ride them hard and put them away wet...

But like i say , Just kidding....

And just to stay on topic...The best wax is Pig Snot..No joke!

I'm jealous, I want a slingshot, I test rode one a while ago and loved everything about it

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png