We may be moving to Hot Springs Village

Big Juice

Nov 18, 2013
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas USA
Just wanted to see if any of the TT people live in or close to HSV. Wife and I both have trikes and will be riding around there in a couple months, if everything goes as per planned. Look for a Burnt Orange conventional trike and a Viper Red Spyder, that will be us........

Just wanted to see if any of the TT people live in or close to HSV. Wife and I both have trikes and will be riding around there in a couple months, if everything goes as per planned. Look for a Burnt Orange conventional trike and a Viper Red Spyder, that will be us........

hay OJ just north of H S V is a place called ( home plate ) we eat there 3 or 4 times, grate place and the price was ok. its only 1 or 2 miles north on hwy7

Hot Springs, a lovely place, it would be my choice to live if I were a younger retiree. Being a Florida Cracker I'd surely have to get used to the cold weather.

None of this is a done deal, but we are "looking"......visited there last week and enjoyed our time and seeing a little of the community of Hot Springs Village.
Yes, Jr., we ate at the Home Plate a couple times, and we ate at a little cafe' inside the gated community, call Debra's (for breakfast) and it was good as well. We will see how things work out in the next few weeks to decide if we will take the plunge or not.
Yes, Austin is also a lot warmer than HSV and that is something we will have to get use to if we do decide to move there. But the summers will be nicer than Austin's 100+ days...........

Looks as if trikes in Arkansas, is a rarity, at least around the Hot Springs Village/Hot Springs area. Oh well, my wife and I do like riding together so we can get on our trikes and just go site seeing. We will be planning to attend the TT trike runs!

Wednesday mornings we will be at the Home Plate Cafe, on Hwy7 in Arkansas, for breakfast/lunch, if anyone is in the area come join us. Looks like it will be May before we get moved in, things are going slower than expected. See you guys and gals down the road.

Well, we have found out that there are a lot of trikes out here in Arkansas! Most of them are in the GWRRA clubs. We joined the local club, GWRRA Eagle Wings, as Associate members (since we ride Spyders), and ride with them quite a bit.

Jan and I have also started our own little riding group, called Trike Time Arkansas and we have a Facebook page for our future rides. Jan and I will be off the trikes until the first of the year, as we are both dealing with leg issues (me-injury from a fall on my right knee that has turned serious, Jan-having double knee replacement on Nov. 6th).

So check us out on the Facebook site and see when we make it back "in the saddle" again!

I have driven through that fine village, ya can't even get in unless you know someone that is a resident, or you book a real estate to take you through. A really nice place, huge. They got have lots of riders in there for a start up club. Beautiful country for riding, that's for sure.

I have driven through that fine village, ya can't even get in unless you know someone that is a resident, or you book a real estate to take you through. A really nice place, huge. They got have lots of riders in there for a start up club. Beautiful country for riding, that's for sure.

Yeah, it's 26,000 acres of gated area, largest gated community in America. We have our own police force, fire department, EMS, water supply, sewage system and many amenities. 9 golf courses and 11 lakes, all kinds of clubs, so there is plenty to do if you get board. We love the roads around here and that is what brought us from Austin, TX to the Village. My wife and I both ride trikes so we love just getting out and riding the local roads. And trees, do you like trees, boy do we have trees, we love it! But don't tell anyone about it, we want to keep it a secret!! Next time you're in the neighborhood, give us a all and we will get you in the gates....and even go riding with ya!

Yes, the trees were my big notice, and all those nice homes with tree coverage. I dared not get off the main road, I'd get lost up in there. I have a cousin living in the Little Rock burbs, so one in great while the wife and I will get a week in Hot Springs. Since we don't have PM here anymore, shoot me an email, bikerbillwms@yahoo.com, and we'll exchange cell numbers in case I get back up that way. Be a pleasure riding with you; a world designed for the trike, yep. I can't get out of the driveway without the Mrs., she does like riding in that passenger seat.

I figured the fees are out of sight, lots of services there. I'm knocking the 85 door and just sold my house and 3 acres, moved to an over 55 community, I grumble about fees where I am. I have more time to do what I want to do, but I pay for the privilege, and those what they call 'amenities'.

talked to a friend down that way.

the locals are not real impressed with the village.

fees are high.

resale value on homes inside the village is low

YMMV

Well, we love it. Bought our house for well under $100 per square foot, POA fee is $65 a month for all the amenities, so we think it is more than reasonable for a gated community. No way to duplicate this from where we lived in Central Texas, and we live much cheaper now, than what we were paying in Austin. Plus, my wife and I both have trikes and we love to ride.............and the riding is wonderful around here so we feel blessed to have found this place, as it fits us to a "T". It may not work for others, and that's fine as long as we are happy here.

Good response OJ, numbers you have expressed compare favorably with other similar communities, and I've done some homework. If you bought for $100/square ft, man you did good for where you are compared to where I look.

As I mentioned, it works for us. The only negative we heard from those who live here in the Village is that it's to quiet.......hello, that is right down our alley after living in the city! After joining GWRRA here in the Village, those guys and gals ride every week, and sometime 2 or 3 times in a week, so we have plenty of group riding if we need more.

If you're curious about more info, go to www.explorethevillage.com

3 years later..........

Well, it's been 3 years from that last post of mine on this thread, and we are still here and still loving it in Hot Springs Village. We are now full members of the GWRRA chapter here, and we are also now officers in the chapter, Jan is the Ride Coordinator and I am the Membership Coordinator. Our chapter is the largest in Arkansas, over 120 members. GWRRA decided 2 yrs ago, that they would no longer have "associate" members and made us full members in there new policy of taking all brands of bikes into the GWRRA association. As Jan and I both ride Spyders now, we were asked to become officers a couple years ago. With that large a group, we do keep busy with club work! We are also in a US Spyder Ryders chapter here in Arkansas, just to make sure we don't get board (I became President and Jan the Secretary in the Spyder group, but after a year we resigned as we just didn't have the time with our work in GWRRA, and that is our main focus)........ We are still riding every week (Jan has had double knee replacements and I have had a hip replacement with other medical issues over those 3 yrs, but we continue to ride, ride as long as we can throw a leg over our trikes),

Here is saying Merry Christmas and Happy (and much better) New Year to all our friends in TT........ride safe and ride often!:Santa:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png