2009 Honda Goldwing/2016 CSC Viper Conversion

:D:D:D Here It Is:D:D:D

With the trike build completed, Gary performs a water test of the body, trunk and tour box for leaks.

After the water test, he will ride for a long road test over both smoothly paved roads and rougher roads. He also rides slowly over cut lawn areas.

He checks out the trike's performance and all electrical systems for proper operation. Gary is also listening for any rattling or other non-mechanical sounds. If there are any, he will begin to isolate and resolve the issue.ThumbUp

Once Gary is 100% happy with all of the above, he and Barbara will wash/clean the trike carefully as per CSC recommendations. CSC recommends to only use mild soap and water and no waxing for the first 90 days. This process is to allow time for the new paint to properly cure.

CSC painted the kit with Honda factory original paint.

So much for the talk, here are pics of the finished trike built by Gary and Barbara.ThumbUp

IMG_1844D.jpg

IMG_1846B.jpg

IMG_1847B.jpg

IMG_1848B.jpg

Looks great David ! Well done ThumbUp

I noticed your rear brake lights on upper luggage compartment are a little different then mine. Did you special order them ? Have you thought about installing fender bras on the rear fender. They will help with bug stains and rock chips, just a idea.

Congrats :clapping: and Ride safe ThumbUp

Looks great David ! Well done ThumbUp

I noticed your rear brake lights on upper luggage compartment are a little different then mine. Did you special order them ? Have you thought about installing fender bras on the rear fender. They will help with bug stains and rock chips, just a idea.

Congrats :clapping: and Ride safe ThumbUp

Thanks Keith,

The rear brake lights on the upper luggage compartment are not special order. They are stock lights. The difference you may be noticing may be the fact that my lights are from a 2009 model while yours are from a 2015 model. In addition, I purchased a CSC optional chrome tail light trim kit. CSC installs the lower brake light trims at the factory. The upper luggage compartment trims are field applied during the build.

I have not taken delivery of the trike yet. Once I do, I have a 604 mile trip home with the trike loaded unto an Aluma TK-1 trailer.

Prior to the trip, CSC technical support staff have indicated that it was OK to wrap any of the newly painted conversion kit pieces with the temporary "auto wraps" as used on new car transports. They recommended not leaving the temporary wrap on more than 2 days. I plan on wrapping the fenders and maybe the ground effects with the temporary wrap. The trailer does have a built-on rock shield also.

Once I get home, the trike is headed for a local paint protection film shop who specializes in high end cars. I plan to have a paint protection film called "Expel" applied to selected areas of the rear fenders and the ground effects.

I did not choose the CSC optional fender bra for a couple of reasons. First, the bra does leave an exposed edge vulnerable to rock chips. Second, one of the attachments, of the bra to the body, is tucked up underneath the ground effects and cannot be unsnapped without removing the ground effects. Third, the bra can always be added if all else fails on protecting the fenders.

Thanks Keith,

The rear brake lights on the upper luggage compartment are not special order. They are stock lights. The difference you may be noticing may be the fact that my lights are from a 2009 model while yours are from a 2015 model. In addition, I purchased a CSC optional chrome tail light trim kit. CSC installs the lower brake light trims at the factory. The upper luggage compartment trims are field applied during the build.

I have not taken delivery of the trike yet. Once I do, I have a 604 mile trip home with the trike loaded unto an Aluma TK-1 trailer.

Prior to the trip, CSC technical support staff have indicated that it was OK to wrap any of the newly painted conversion kit pieces with the temporary "auto wraps" as used on new car transports. They recommended not leaving the temporary wrap on more than 2 days. I plan on wrapping the fenders and maybe the ground effects with the temporary wrap. The trailer does have a built-on rock shield also.

Once I get home, the trike is headed for a local paint protection film shop who specializes in high end cars. I plan to have a paint protection film called "Expel" applied to selected areas of the rear fenders and the ground effects.

I did not choose the CSC optional fender bra for a couple of reasons. First, the bra does leave an exposed edge vulnerable to rock chips. Second, one of the attachments, of the bra to the body, is tucked up underneath the ground effects and cannot be unsnapped without removing the ground effects. Third, the bra can always be added if all else fails on protecting the fenders.

Looks like you have it all figured out ThumbUp

Just a side note on the fender bras.....There are actually 2 styles of bras, one that fits under the ground affects. The other style which I have doesn't go under the ground effects. It comes off very easy for washing and waxing. The way you can tell them apart is the lettering on the bra. CSC, if you notice mine it has all capital letters. The other one that fits under the ground effects the letters look like their logo cSc.

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention. I see you have the drivers floor boards and toe and heel shifter, I also ordered the same thing. When I finally got her home, I noticed that you can't fit your toes under the toe shifter. The gap is to narrow. You will have to use your heel to upshift. At first I didn't like the change. Always used my toes for up shifting. But now after a few rides I have grown to like using my heel to upshift. Don't know if you will have the same problem...but don't worry using your heel isn't bad, I'm even liking it better now.
Keith

2009 Honda Goldwing/2016 CSC Conversion

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention. I see you have the drivers floor boards and toe and heel shifter, I also ordered the same thing. When I finally got her home, I noticed that you can't fit your toes under the toe shifter. The gap is to narrow. You will have to use your heel to upshift. At first I didn't like the change. Always used my toes for up shifting. But now after a few rides I have grown to like using my heel to upshift. Don't know if you will have the same problem...but don't worry using your heel isn't bad, I'm even liking it better now.
Keith

Keith:

Thanks for your input. The heel/toe shifter has been on the bike (now trike) for over 7 years now, so heel upshifting feels quite natural.ThumbUp

When I have ridden friend's trikes and demo trikes without the heel/toe shifter, shifting would feel very awkward to me.:laugh:

It's all in what you get accustomed to.:D

Last edited:
We have had the heel-toe shifters on various 2wheelers since 2007 and now our GL1800 trikes. I am used to it now but my preference is the old toe shifter. I was reminded of this when Goldrush (Jerry) so graciously let me drive his GL1800 Roadsmith a year ago which does not have the heel-toe shifter. De-ja-vue. I enjoyed that so much that I wanted to remove my trike's heel-toe shifter but Jim talked me out of it....for now...Carla

Keith:

Thanks for your input. The heel/toe shifter has been on the bike (now trike) for over 7 years now, so heel upshifting feels quite natural.ThumbUp

When I have ridden friend's trikes and demo trikes without the heel/toe shifter, shifting would feel very awkward to me.:laugh:

It's all in what you get accustomed to.:D

Sorry for the bad pics. There was no part number, just said gold wing 1800.
20160916_153637.jpg20160916_153703.jpg

So you need your trike built fast?
You want it when?:laugh:

The attached You Tube video, from seven years ago, show Gary and Barbara skillfully building a CSC trike conversion in record breaking time.ThumbUp

Hold onto your seat and try not to blink.:Coffee:

Enjoy!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png