fairing painted

To be fair here, my wife mixed chalk paint to color match my cooler cover

Chalk paint is soft, so after painting it I sprayed 3 coats of clear

So far it is holding up good, however, the cover and cooler are IMO located in a poor area

Looking at Softails ,HD could have maybe ran the cooler higher on the down tubes?

Ya know RD, I do like you even though we don't know each other. I like how you went from "Bud Light" (never a drinker) to "take your meds" (which I also don't take) Was I really "crying" oh my god (also an atheist) or was I commenting on the fact that Maaco wants $599.00 to paint my ENTIRE CAR but $150.00 to paint my 10" long plastic picture frame? "Beat To Shit" ... please have a glance at the cover on my bike. Took this pic 5 minutes ago. I told you that I bought the $21.00 cover brand new from HD (Not Too Beat) ... Just sayin ... Let's stay buds ok?

What I meant was the cover sits so low down there if you ride your Trike all the road debris beats the shit out of the new paint. That sure is a very clean trike wish mine was that clean when new. I told you what I was saying what has to be done to do the job right so the customer wont come back saying my paint is falling off. Please were not friends & I dont want to be. Enjoy your Cooler Cover it will be verrry nice .

View attachment 112433

xxx

[QUOTE= I would actually know this from spending 50 years working for the largest building materials supplier in the world. I was the Vice President & General Manager . I retired at age 60

BRILLIANT young man you were ! :xzqxz: :D :clapping: Sorry I could not help it .

I would actually know this from spending 50 years working for the largest building materials supplier in the world. I was the Vice President & General Manager . I retired at age 60 BRILLIANT young man you were ! :xzqxz: :D :clapping: Sorry I could not help it .[/QUOTE said:
Glad you did ... of course I refrained but guys like you always show their ass. Not brilliant, just extremely successful. I actually feel bad (not really) for you Dog. A job that you hate, condescension in everything you write, an alcoholic, probably a failed marriage, full of hate and discontent for your own self, a dirty bike and replies filled with misquotes and accusations. You must be very sad and self conscience about your life choices. Sorry buddy ... we reap what we sew don't we. If you need an actual custom motorcycle paint shop you might try contacting www.thefactorymatch.com where they specialize in matching paint jobs to your factory colors ... unlike you and your barely coherent stories about how to paint a 10" plastic part, they reply immediately and quoted $60.00 to factory match my cooler cover. No lectures, no fantasy stories about grueling prep requirements or any other silly things that you struggled to post. $60.00 and done

I apologize to anyone (but you) that is reading this. Please see that I did not respond to the disrespect poorly directed at me by you until you asked me to. "Sorry I Could Not Help It" is a pretty poor reflection on what a brilliant young man you probably never were :(

Dont rule out vinyl wrap. Ive been working with Vivvid wrap for about a year now. Its thicker than 3m product and has an adhesive backing. Comes in a wide range of colors even carbon which Im working with now. Ive found the use of a garment steamer and slip solution is extremely helpful. Havnt attempted to do louvers yet. Might give me a nervous breakdown.

I would actually know this from spending 50 years working for the largest building materials supplier in the world. I was the Vice President & General Manager . I retired at age 60 BRILLIANT young man you were ! :xzqxz: :D :clapping: Sorry I could not help it .[/QUOTE said:
NOODLE Your Brilliant Lets see if you can figure this out :xzqxz:Retired at 60 Worked for the Largest company in the world for 50 years So You were the VP at age 10 What a AWWWsome Story :qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt:

Noodle/ Road dog….Why don’t Yous guys let bye gone’s be bye gone and fade away into the vapors …Before the moderators be-gone it for Yous guys….There are bigger fish to fry in the land of Trike-Talk…??

Yes & I have to get back to the Homeless Shelter :D

NOODLE Your Brilliant Lets see if you can figure this out :xzqxz:Retired at 60 Worked for the Largest company in the world for 50 years So You were the VP at age 10 What a AWWWsome Story :qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt:

That's what you got out of this thread ... Did I say I was VP for 50 years or that I worked there for 50 years? So full disclosure I started working there with my Dad when I was 14 years old on weekends and after school. Started as a clean up kid, learned to drive the front end loader, learned to bag cement and by 17 learned to drive a mixer which I drove until around 25 when I started the management training program. They trained me to operate the batching equipment. Then the dispatch desk, followed by QC, Plant Manager, then Area Manager, Division Manager, District Manager, General Manager and eventually VP. I don't expect you to know anything about the red-mix industry but I am not unique as anyone advancing in this field has done exactly the same progression. If I would have said that I worked there all my life would you have asked if I started working there at birth? 50 years was obviously a euphemism for a lifetime of experience working with customers .... but you certainly knew this. Kinda like your silly explanation of ....

"This Is Funny, Ok you bring in the part somebody has to greet you, bullshit with you, listen to your life story's, then they go bring the part to one of there techs, he does not want to do this job because he can make more money putting on a fender & bumper, than playing around with you little piece of plastic, now he has to wash it, skuff it, wash it again, spray it with adhesion promoter, prime it, skuff it, paint it, clear coat, this thing is tying up the paint booth for 1 to 1.5 hours what have they spent on paint & materials ? the shop may make $20.00 or loose $ 50.00 We do not paint Motorcycle parts Any More! Its just not worth it . Read the other day were Goldwing Greg had his whole bike painted and the color is not Orange enough ! I got 4 more years and Im done with this Shit that will be about 50 years"

My bad for not saying "was about 50 years" Super relevant to a thread about Painting A Fairing, don't ya think? The point is that your a sad bitter dude and your writing is barely coherent ... In one simple sentence you left the S off of Noodles, capitalized the first 3 words, (Your Brilliant Lets) capitalized Retired, Worked and Largest. Omitted any punctuation, capitalized So, You and What and ended with leaving the E out of awesome. Obviously a child could have written this better than you and equally as obvious is the fact that NONE OF THIS has anything to do with PAINTING A FAIRING ... does it? Please don't think that attacking and baiting me to reply is a problem for me in any way. I've got nothing to do all day but play while you continue to labor at your high tech painting job. You should try treating people the way that you would like to be treated. A little respect costs you nothing ... just sayin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png