• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Question for Canyon Star 3921 Toy Hauler Owners

Reaction score
Question for Canyon Star 3921 Toy Hauler Owners

Looking for some advice on how to load a Can-Am RT Spyder into the back of a 2014 Canyon Star. Looks like the bike will fit once we pull take the Trailer Hitch off the Spyder. Need some advice on loading the bike.

The ground clearance is minimal on the RT and concerned about trying to load with the Tailgate design on the Canyon Star.

Has anyone had good success by backing the bike into the Toy Hauler? Looks like that might be the best approach but hoping someone has worked out the load issues with the low clearance on the bike.

Any suggestions?

You may have to build some short board ramps to get it past the first part of that ramp . Then drive the spyder on the boards that were made. This way it will give you some clearance.

The trailer hitch is easy to pull off.

remove the axle bolt for the hitch and slide off.

Can your tor hauler ramp be adjusted? Maybe even putting a board under the ramp and then added board ramps to drive it in.

Sorry have no experience in your toy hauler. But Spyder riders are always using some creative things to get there Spyders loaded up. :D

Thanks for your input.

You may have to build some short board ramps to get it past the first part of that ramp . Then drive the spyder on the boards that were made. This way it will give you some clearance.

The trailer hitch is easy to pull off.remove the axle bolt for the hitch and slide off.

Can your tor hauler ramp be adjusted? Maybe even putting a board under the ramp and then added board ramps to drive it in.

Sorry have no experience in your toy hauler. But Spyder riders are always using some creative things to get there Spyders loaded up. :D

Taking off the Hitch will not be a problem. The Canyon Star ramp has such a rise that your suggestions might be our option.

Hoping to hear from some other Spyder RT owners that haul their bikes in a Newmar.

I know trikes are much the same and just last week I helped a friend load his trike into his toyhauler....he had set up boards at the bottom of the ramp for clearance from the ground onto the ramp without scraping the bumper of the trike as it went onto and up the ramp. The upper part of the ramp was nicely dovetailed and there was plenty of clearance getting the trike over that thresh-hold into the trailer.

The one Spyder RT I helped load...I thought it would have been easier to load butt end first, however in that particular situation the Spyder would not start so it could not go into reverse. The Spyder front end sits very low.

I know when I had my Spyder towed by a flat bed he had to get some short ramps and place them infront of his flatbed tilted so I could drive on. They worked perfect and I think that would be the same in this case of boards.

Try Spyderlovers forum too They have all kinds of answers over there..:laugh:

I know trikes are much the same and just last week I helped a friend load his trike into his toyhauler....he had set up boards at the bottom of the ramp for clearance from the ground onto the ramp without scraping the bumper of the trike as it went onto and up the ramp. The upper part of the ramp was nicely dovetailed and there was plenty of clearance getting the trike over that thresh-hold into the trailer.

The one Spyder RT I helped load...I thought it would have been easier to load butt end first, however in that particular situation the Spyder would not start so it could not go into reverse. The Spyder front end sits very low.

Thanks for your input. We are thinking the same. I ride an RS and have no problems with clearance. It is my husbands RT and he is thinking butt end first as well. Hoping to hear from someone that has mastered a load plan.

I know when I had my Spyder towed by a flat bed he had to get some short ramps and place them infront of his flatbed tilted so I could drive on. They worked perfect and I think that would be the same in this case of boards.

Try Spyderlovers forum too They have all kinds of answers over there..:laugh:

Thanks and I have posted on Spyderlovers and hoping to get some good feedback.

Looking for More Input on the Trike Load.

Thanks and I have posted on Spyderlovers and hoping to get some good feedback.

Hoping we can hear from more Trike Owners that are using Toy Haulers to travel. My husband is leaning toward using the boards to handle the difference in grade. He is also considering a wench to anchor on the step in the rear of the compartment and then bringing the RT into the RV butt end first.

Anyone out there that has experience in loading a Trike with ramps and a wench?

Hoping we can hear from more Trike Owners that are using Toy Haulers to travel. My husband is leaning toward using the boards to handle the difference in grade. He is also considering a wench to anchor on the step in the rear of the compartment and then bringing the RT into the RV butt end first.

Anyone out there that has experience in loading a Trike with ramps and a wench?

He is really thinking about using a "Winch" and says he is too old for a Wench.....

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png