1986 Honda v-65 Magna restoration 2011-12

Mattel

Jul 6, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I am just finishing my restoration on my Honda. It is a 1986 Honda V-65 Magna. 1100cc. I started the restoration in the fall of 2011. Torn down to just the frame, motor, carbs, and wire harness. Nut and bolt restoration. It is now in its final stages. I am just waiting for two more parts. About 200 hours, all seals have been replaced, everything rechromed, re powder coated, and plenty of new old stock parts.

Here is just a few teaser pictures

d45dcc54.jpg

7fee81e2.jpg

18015e04.jpg

322fea64.jpg

2f3a718d.jpg

6a2de629.jpg

Teaser shots show some really great looking work - anxious to see it completed.It will be a very nice ride!
Enjoy seeing the work of someone that cares,
Keep up the beautiful work,
Tip

cool to see...I'm an old V-65 Saber driver myself. Damn I do miss that bike. That thing would just sit and git down the road. Great work on your bike, best of luck with her.

cool to see...I'm an old V-65 Saber driver myself. Damn I do miss that bike. That thing would just sit and git down the road. Great work on your bike, best of luck with her.

Dave,
You mean a v-65 Sabre like this?

bb6b1134.jpg

Meet my next restoration. A 1984 v-65 Honda Sabre. The sister bike to my Magna, and my next project! Parts on order now.

6e039a45.jpg

Here is a picture of the full bike.

And the current state of the magna

8855cbfe.jpg

I will be spending the day in the garage today. I want this bike done!!!

Hey Mattell! I'm an old Harley guy, myself, but I love old bikes of any make and appreciate the work that goes into keeping them going year after year after year.....Beautiful job!!

Hey Mattell! I'm an old Harley guy, myself, but I love old bikes of any make and appreciate the work that goes into keeping them going year after year after year.....Beautiful job!!

Thanks Rocket! I had a lot of fun with this one.

Great looking restoration.Just giong by looks that aint no ROAD SOFA for sure.RIDE SAFE

Thanks Lucky. I live in the Blue Ridge Mts, and it is a great mountain rider! Nimble steering and no head shake on decell.

I lowered the gears to pick up low end power, I think I may have over done it as the front wheel will loft if I hit it too hard in first or second gear! It had a top stepped of 170mph in od. So I figured I would not want to go that fast! I rebuilt the shaft drive with new seals and springs and it reduced the drive shaft lash to almost nothing even with lower gears in the final drive!

I ordered the new Corbin seat last week. I am working the kinks out today.

I just solved my electrical problem. Now I am waiting on my Corbin seat, and I have to work out my suspention issues. I have a custom Racetech front end and I have to work out the bugs.

Here is a picture of my nos pilot box!

090968fc.jpg

I have been taking it on short rides. I have been working out the minor leak issues too!

Hey Mattel, Congrats on having it on the road! And the Blue Ridge is some great riding area. I'm headed to Maggie Valley either tomorrow or Wednesday on my '59, depending on the weather, and I always love doing a hundred miles or so on the Parkway, but even the old highways 11 and 340 are great rides that'll get you where you're going with a little patience. No need to be in a hurry!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png