heart attack and stents

Lund150

10+ Posts
May 2, 2015
Madison,SD
i had a heart attack and had two stents put in any idea how long beforen i can ride . tell me your experience with it thank you

Make sure you carry the cards with the serial #'s on them at all times. Suggest you get a med alert bracelet. Mine has my name, wifes phone # and, the notation I have stents. It can save your life. As for how soon you can go back to riding? That is between you and your cardiologist.

Make sure you carry the cards with the serial #'s on them at all times. Suggest you get a med alert bracelet. Mine has my name, wifes phone # and, the notation I have stents. It can save your life. As for how soon you can go back to riding? That is between you and your cardiologist.

mine were 30 day no using arms for pushing or pulling from the Dr and rehab tacked on another 30 days. i followed all the doctors instructions will be 19 years Jul 1st.

The first stent that I had put in was in Sept. 2010, Admitted to hospital one day stent put in next day third day out of hospital. A week off work but no other restrictions. Was back driving and riding after the third day. 2nd stent put in 2 years ago same schedule discharged from hospital 3 day with no restrictions. Make sure that you always carry your Nitro Glycerin pills with you.

Listen to your body.

I had a triple heart bi-pass in 2001. Since then I have had thirteen stents placed along the way. Recently had a heart catherization (usually have them done year and a half apart) as I am diabetic and it wrecks havoc with my heart disease. I have lost two of the three grafts from the bi-pass and now hit the nitroglycerin more often than I care to but it works for me. I'm an ol pro at the stent business and I'm in and out after my stents. I take it easy on the day of and get back to doing my routine the next day. I listen to my body/heart and act accordingly to it's feedback. There is life after these procedures but you readjust and move on. JMHO

Al, have they done a leg scan yet ? I too have diabetes and damned if I didn't end up with 5 laser surgeries to remove blood clots. Beats the alternative ............ Double amputation. :gah:

Mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png