Made plans for Sturgis, anyone else?

Reaction score
Made my plans for Sturgis for the 1st time. Riding my 11 TG all the way there and back. Only staying 3 days then heading back, Monday thru wednesday and leaving sometime wednesday.

Kanetruck

Attachments

• tn[1].jpg
    tn[1].jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 192
Great Trip!!!! The riding around the Sturgis area is amazing :)

Congrats, Getting there is 1/2 the fun. We are coming from the east (MI). planing on 5-7 days. Think will camp at GlenCo. You have safe ride, and if ya see me say hey.
not to many DFT/sst pearl white trikes out there.

I'm not necessarily going to Sturgis but I will be staying in Hill City that week for 3 days and then heading on to Yellowstone.

Hill City Cafe is a good place to eat during the Rally. Their prices stay the same as does the menu.

Hill City Cafe is a good place to eat during the Rally. Their prices stay the same as does the menu.

Have eaten at the Cafe the food was good, RT16 Diner has some good burgers and Chute Roosters has some pretty good food. The one I would avoid like the plague is Slate Creek Grille, ate their once and the service was bad and the food was even worse.

I know I can't do all the riding around that I want to while there. So hitting a couple of main ones, Devils tower and Mount Rushmoore plus riding around Sturgis. Just installed new air wing rack last weekend for that extra luggage space.

Kanetruck

If you want to ride around Sturgis I suggest you do in the mornings before 10 am and before traffic picks up. That way you can spot the places you might want to visit then park and walk.

I had already planed to go in to Sturgis in the early am and look around. Thanks for the info,glad I'm thinking the same way.
Going to be a blast there.

Kanetruck

We went there again last year, always a nice trip.
Don't forget the Needles Highway and Custer state Park

+1 on Needles and Custer, both are great rides.

If you get lucky you can run into a heard of these critters in Custer.

custerbuff.jpg

Msocko3 is right, Needles Highway and Custer State Park are some great rides. Just watch for critters in Custer State Park. There are no fences to contain buffalo, elk, antelope and mountain sheep and they can get very close to the road. Spearfish Canyon is another great ride. Do the pigtail bridge near Hill City for a unique experience. Our local HOG group does a 3 day ride down there every Father's Day weekend in June. About 50 to 60 total go there taking a different route each year from Jamestown to Sturgis first and then staying at the Golden Hills Resort (now the Day's Inn) in Leeds.
The last time I went to Sturgis for the rally was back in the 70's when I was a bit younger and single. Much wilder back then but now the majority of attendees are 50's or so.

Have a great trip!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png