Honda F6B Hannigan Build With Pictures

Cut N Shoot Customs

Cut N Shoot Customs
Feb 7, 2016
Conroe
Texas Trike Talk member Will (A/K/A Wylbur78) came to see us about having his 2015 Honda F6B converted to a trike. We recommended Hannigan's new F6B conversion and he agreed so the order was placed. A few weeks later, this showed up at our door.

IMG_20151231_125015258.jpg

IMG_20160119_110443417.jpg

First step is to start removing all the Tupperware. The seat, backrest, hard bags, center valance, rear subframe, fender liner, electronics pod, etc come off and go into a parts pile.

IMG_20160119_110459248.jpg

IMG_20160119_111226221.jpg

The rear fender liner and the upper half of the subframe will be modified and remounted after the kit is aligned and bolted up and the auxiliary gas tank is installed. Next the rear wheel and tire and drive assembly is removed, but the swingarm and front half of the Honda drive shaft stays in place.

IMG_20160121_193909398.jpg

IMG_20160121_193840071.jpg

Next, the partially assembled kit is aligned with the bike and the tedious process begins of aligning and hooking up the drive shaft to the Hannigan drive line, installing the various mounting brackets and drilling the cast part of the frame to accept the mounting bolts. Hannigan uses more mounting points than most with a total of 14 separate mounting bolts just on the main frame. The F6B install is not for the novice installer, lots of mods involved, but it is an amazing conversion.

Sorry for posting both as CUT-N-SHOOT and Bazooka, but I have more and better posting/editing tools available as administrator, so it goes a bit faster using the admin panel.

~Zook

IMG_20160121_193736117.jpg

Next the auxiliary fuel tank and fuel pump is installed, plumbed to the stock tank and wired, the trailer hitch is bolted to the frame, the upper subframe lower half is sawed off just below the crossbar (above the gas tank) and re-installed, this removes the part of the subframe that had supported the hard bags. After that the factory radio/amp is relocated to a bracket supplied by Hannigan and is located just above the gas tank. It almost looks like it is sitting on the gas tank itself but it is not, its mounted to a bracket and suspended just above it and has a foam isolator pad below it.

You will notice that Hannigan offsets the differential to the right side in order to align it with Honda's swingarm/driveshaft. The single factory swingarm shock is housed within a round vertical cavity deep within the belly of the Goldwing and with the Hannigan kit, the shock is removed and replaced with a proprietary square tube strut so as to lock the swingarm in a fixed position so it can mate to the Hannigan rear drive assembly. The suspension duties are now handled by way of Hannigan's independent trailing arms and shocks.

IMG_20160202_111737588.jpg
So we pulled the front end off and installed one of my 6 degree rake kits and now its all together and test ridden so we could deliver it to the local Honda dealer, Cycle Shack North in Conroe for the brake recall. These guys are great and they are only a couple of blocks from my shop so its very handy.

IMG_20160217_170731139.jpg

30426689-242f-40ce-b49f-a8413a53f8ad.jpg

So now for the final assembly. Will wanted an air filter change, oil change and coolant fluid flush so we took care of that for him. We aligned the rear wheels, installed the aux fuel tank line, fuse and switch, the trunk release cables and latches are installed, the wiring harness is built from scratch, hooked up and tested for run, brake and turn signals working, the side panels are cut, aligned and installed, the exhaust shield brackets are installed, the exhaust pipes are re-aligned, the seat and backrest are reinstalled.

nice boss very nice

Wow looking great! Keep the pics coming :)
Rax

Great thread Chief ! Keep it coming.

That's gonna make a mean looking trike ... is that satin black?

Thanks guys.

Fuzzy, Honda calls the color Matte Silver, but it is far from silver, more like a satin dark grey. It was a hard color to match, and not just the color match as much as the amount of shine or should I say lack of shine. It has a slight sheen to it and that part was difficult to duplicate according to Hannigan and their paint suppliers. It turned out to be an exact match though, so kudos to Tim at Hannigan for the amazing paint job.

Thanks Zook for all your hard work!!

View attachment 34642
She turned out really nice huh?

I appreciate all the wonderful reply's and comments on my Trike. I'm loving riding her and Zook is right she handles like she's on rails!!! I've definitely had to get used to taking the corners like you do instead of leaning into them, well I'm still leaning into them but that's just to make sure I keep my speed up!!:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png