Custom Build Trailer

Booggerbe

Apr 4, 2017
collierville
Ok Forum members. Thought i would share some pics and imfo on the custom build trailer i am doing to pull behind my R/G trike. My goal is to try and match the Daytona CSC conversion i have now. Being a custom shop owner and having over 20 years of being a fabricator and a lot of experience in fiberglassing , building some of the Baddest radical baggers with many awards. I thought why not build a custom trailer .

I am using a pair of Tri-Glide rear fenders, set of Flexride 425 half axles, small rail channel iron, a set of matching rear wheels like on my trike, some abs plastic, a razor tour pak, any way that is the basics of my parts list. Plan on keeping the total weight under 200 lbs. I have alot of pics from the start and hope i dont bore anyone LOL. got to wait on warmer weather before i want to start the glass work . Thanks for looking Booggerbe (Ron)

View attachment 53261View attachment 53263Ok Forum members. Thought i would share some pics and imfo on the custom build trailer i am doing to pull behind my R/G trike. My goal is to try and match the Daytona CSC conversion i have now. Being a custom shop owner and having over 20 years of being a fabricator and a lot of experience in fiberglassing , building some of the Baddest radical baggers with many awards. I thought why not build a custom trailer . I am using a pair of Tri-Glide rear fenders, set of Flexride 425 half axles, small rail channel iron, a set of matching rear wheels like on my trike, some abs plastic, a razor tour pak, any way that is the basics of my parts list. Plan on keeping the total weight under 200 lbs. I have alot of pics from the start and hope i dont bore anyone LOL. got to wait on warmer weather before i want to start the glass work . Thanks for looking Booggerbe (Ron)View attachment 53260

OK can some one tell me why my pics are upside down HELPPPP HElppp

pics upside down

Keep pics and updates coming ����

Trike man , I have alot of the build pics to share but they keep coming up up side down or side ways. Tried going to a site that Papa suggested but couldnt get them to load right and post here. Ill keep trying. Ron

C7695E74-900E-4E06-BE1C-238FC850CE73.jpeg

sma rp.JPG

small 19.JPG

100B02DB-527E-4B28-8D2F-76E2C417CB01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey trike man

Keep pics and updates coming ����

Think i have it now. Just some random pics now . I can answer any questions on the build if any one cares . These pics are where and how i am going to use a Razor tour pak to get into the inside of the trailer storage. Just cutting the bottom out to get inside

small i.JPG

small rf.JPG

small 0.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Pic size makes it diff

Ok maybe i have it now. Think my pics were to large to post. The pics are out of order but you can get the general idea of what i am building . Hope these work again. Thanks for looking . Ron

small g.JPG

small a.JPG

small c.JPG

I commend you on your project.

It looks good and unique.

How do you plan to fasten the tourpak to the body ?

The later model tourpak (2006...) is pretty flimsy and needs some kind of base plate maybe on inside and outside too.

That is quite a job but you stir the (I want to make my own too) passion inside me at the same time.

thumbs-up-192.jpg

tour pak on body

Lee i will cut the bottom of the tour pak , leaving a 2" edge around the bottom on the inside of the tour pak. Ill then 3-m and bolt the pak to the top side of the body. I have it already mounted and it is part of the body. Using the tour pak top as the opening to access the storage compartment. Heck the tour pak is stiffer now than before. If i can help you on a trailer build give me a shout. This is not my first , but just couldnt see paying the big dollars when i could build my own and have it like i wanted. A few pics of the top . Thanks for looking . Ron

small 3.JPG

small g.JPG

smal ur.JPG

Enough for now

Ok forum . Hope i am not boring you with these pics but for now this is enough .I had to split the Tri-Glide fenders to fit my matching rear wheels on my trike. Thanks to all of you that have looked . Ill post more as i do this build .

smal th.JPG

small W.JPG

Thanks Booggerbe (Ron)

For Lee

I commend you on your project.

It looks good and unique.

How do you plan to fasten the tourpak to the body ?

The later model tourpak (2006...) is pretty flimsy and needs some kind of base plate maybe on inside and outside too.

That is quite a job but you stir the (I want to make my own too) passion inside me at the same time.

View attachment 53503

Lee , Maybe this pics will help you understand how i did the tour pak. Thanks again Ronsmal 46.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png