Need a shipper recommendation .....

flyer91

Aug 1, 2011
Coarsegold, Ca. USA
Hi folks!

I did a search but I must be doing it wrong because I can't seem to be able to find any recomendations for a trike shipper, so it seems my first post here is destined to demonstrate my inability to use a computer very well ......... if not tip my hand to my advancing age. ;)

My wife and I are in the process or purchasing an '05 Gl with a Hannigan kit, that will need to be shipped from New Jersey to California.

This will replace my twincam Road King, and be my second Wing out of a long list of bikes going back to the mid '60's.

Fortunately I have a relative that is close to the seller, and he is going to check it out for us tomorrow.
But we could really use some recommendations for a shipper that is familiar with the particulars of transporting a trike .......... and that can hopefully get it picked up and delivered to us fairly soon. :Excited:

Thanks folks, and best regards,

Gary and Maria

Hi folks!

I did a search but I must be doing it wrong because I can't seem to be able to find any recomendations for a trike shipper, so it seems my first post here is destined to demonstrate my inability to use a computer very well ......... if not tip my hand to my advancing age. ;)

My wife and I are in the process or purchasing an '05 Gl with a Hannigan kit, that will need to be shipped from New Jersey to California.

This will replace my twincam Road King, and be my second Wing out of a long list of bikes going back to the mid '60's.

Fortunately I have a relative that is close to the seller, and he is going to check it out for us tomorrow.
But we could really use some recommendations for a shipper that is familiar with the particulars of transporting a trike .......... and that can hopefully get it picked up and delivered to us fairly soon. :Excited:

Thanks folks, and best regards,

Gary and Maria

Gary, Go on E-bay and look up some trike listings. Some of them will have a link to shippers that are recommended by E-Bay and have experience in shipping trikes. There are quite a few in the business now. You can then go to their web site a get a rough quote and schedule. Good Luck.

Well, we are all set up with HaulBikes.
We got double the eBay discount ...... but also had to pay double the regular price. LOL
It totaled a bit over $1000, and I'm OK with that because it's basicaly coast to coast, and door to door ....... and my 'door' is in the Sierra mountains, about 25 miles from the south entrance to Yosemite, and some large deliveries want an additional charge just for that last part of the drive ......... and curiously some don't.

I recently had a 2200lb lathe delivered up here in a crate that was just a bit smaller than the Gl1800/Hannigan trike, delivered from PA, and it was only $475 unloaded and pallet jack'd into my garge, so go figure.(???)

In any case ..... it looks like a max of 5 weeks and my Road King will have a new buddy to keep it company in the garage.

Thanks again for the help guys, we both appriciate it!

Best regards,

Gary and Maria

PLEASE!!!! Before anyone uses Haulbike, READ THE REVIEWS!!! I bought a bike in West Bend KS on 11/11 and was told it would be delivered by 12/2. It is now 12/18 and my trike is in Wisconsin, and no one knows when it will ship out. I didn't read the reviews until they started delaying, then they already had the trike in Wisconsin and it was too late. About 80-85 % of the reviews are bad.

Update on Haulbike. My trike got here 12/31. In my opinion, WAY to long. To make it fair, The bike was delivered in 100% condition, and their driver was very helpful.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png