Tough Day Super Sad Losing My Aussie Cat

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind admitting that I am having a tough time letting go of my best fur buddy Aussie, my cat. Some of you will not understand, but others will, I know BillR does and he sure loved his cat Mandy.

There was a time I didn't understand how close a person, especially a grown man could become so attached to a dog or cat, but over time I do understand and my heart aches that I have to put her down tomorrow. I went through the same thing with another cat about 6 months ago and now going through it again, both being taken too soon by mammary cancer. I'm going to post some pictures in her memory in a bit.

I know one thing, I seem to be getting more sentimental in my old age, will be turning 63 tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing this?

Know how you feel, I've had to do the same twice. Not looking forward to #3.

Condolences to you Randy.

They are family, and it hurts to see them pass.

Thanks Pete and everyone, we have 4 cats in all or had 4 cats...have 3 now and will be 2 tomorrow. I care about them all but this one is just special and talks to me and Marge almost non stop in her own language, she's very vocal with lots of unique sounds and head-butts and she is velcro just with me, guess she chose me as I sure didnt choose her at first, tried to get Marge to shoo her off when she showed up at our back door years ago because we already had three cats and I had said no more. But its hard to say no to a poor, hungry creature that needs help.

She has a big tumor under her belly that is inoperable and its grown like crazy since we discovered it when it was pea sized a few months ago and first took her to the vet for testing. The last one, Abby we did the surgery to remove the tumor and her lymph nodes and she still died within a few months, so on the Doc's advice we decided not to put this one through the trauma.

I don't mind admitting that I am having a tough time letting go of my best fur buddy Aussie, my cat. Some of you will not understand, but others will, I know BillR does and he sure loved his cat Mandy.

There was a time I didn't understand how close a person, especially a grown man could become so attached to a dog or cat, but over time I do understand and my heart aches that I have to put her down tomorrow. I went through the same thing with another cat about 6 months ago and now going through it again, both being taken too soon by mammary cancer. I'm going to post some pictures in her memory in a bit.

I know one thing, I seem to be getting more sentimental in my old age, will be turning 63 tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing that?

Age has nothing to do with how attached to your Cats and Dogs you are....I Cried from when i was a little kid when ever a Cat or Dog has pasted....There isn't a day that gos by that i can't close my eyes and see all of them that has gone before me in my 74 years....There is a special bond between them and you....And Passing does not brake it......:pray:-:pray:

Randy.. you know how I feel about these little creatures.

And yes - I have had to put the brakes on now... my current dog number is 4 and no more!

I do feed feral cats and have trapped several over the years and had them neutered.

It’s just hard for us animal lovers.... but we understand each other...its okay.

Randy, sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are definitely family and we get way attached to them and them to us. There isn't a day that passes I don't think about my little baby girl Sheltie, Cheyenne. You will be in our prayers.

Guys, I hurt for her, not for me. Well I guess thats not completely true, I do hurt for me because I will miss her terribly, but what I mean to say is that she really doesnt know whats going on with her illness and she has no idea what is coming tomorrow and I feel terrible about what I am about to do. She is like a child and she trusts in me to take care of her. Its a tough thing to do and its hard to talk about, so thank you all for letting me vent. I cant imagine posting this on HD Forums..they'd laugh me off the site.

My thoughts are with you my friend as you face these challenging times.

There are no words to describe the wave of feelings built around our furry families.

Guys, I hurt for her not for me. Well I guess thats not completely true, I do hurt for me because I will miss her terribly, but what I mean to say is that she really doesnt know whats going on with her illness and she has no idea what is coming tomorrow and I feel terrible about what I am about to do. She is like a child and she trusts in me to take care of her. Its a tough thing to do and its hard to talk about, so thank you all for letting me vent. I cant imagine posting this on HD Forums..they'd laugh me off the site.

Randy......Its been over two years since i had to put my buddy of 14 years down...

Its never an easy decision to make, Like i said its two years and i'm typing though tears right now....And Trike -Talk isn't just a motorcycle forum....Its Friends talking to Friends,

Vent as necessary, Friends lean'on/listen to each other, Though thick or thin.....

My heart goes out to you and the struggle you are going thru.We have always had dogs some just pets some were more like our children to us.I had to have my boy JD put down when he was only 5 and it ripped out my heart. Although those of us who have replied to your post say how we are so sorry for your grief and loss,we do mean it with all our hearts but it brings little comfort for what you have to do.Take your time to grieve and hope your heart heals soon.

sorry to hear

All of our pets are a extended family we talk to them and they comfort us as well. But we are responsible to do the right thing I'm sure our pets somehow know they are terribly ill. Pray you understand where I'm trying to go with this. :( Fred

Terribly saddened by the news of your buddy Aussie. It is a very difficult thing that you must do, I know this situation well and can say the moment you have together at the end will be heartbreaking...we are here for you brother, our thoughts and prayers for you and Marge

So sorry about this Papa, it's been over 40 years since we had to put down a pet, I still well up when I think about it. We're here for you.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png