Got it at 9:30am TODAY!

Okie

Reaction score
I went over and picked up our 04 Goldwing with the Trike Shop Conversion. A friend was selling it so he could buy a Stallion, so I did my part now the rest is up to him.
I have pics in the Garage. We couldn't figure out how to get them from Photo Bucket to the post, so if you want to see it you'll have to go to the garage.
It's white with penstriping by the Wizzard (A locally famous painter for many years)
It has a 5 gal. aux. gas tank. With 26K miles. It was bought in late 04 and triked in spring or summer of 05.
Now I need to know what to watch out for and the best way to learn to ride the thing.
I've ridden bikes since high school with a few years laps here and there. I've had 3 goldwings (Older 1100, 83 Aspencade, 89 1500) I quit riding for a few years and then got back with a couple of yamaha's and then 2 Harley Sportsters and now a Heratige Soft Tail.
I know to keep a safe distance between me and the cars ahead of me and be aware of my surroundings but what advise would you give a new trike rider.
Okie

I can see your smile from Ohio! Congratulations! It is gorgeous :).
First advice: you are wide than a bike now! Watch out for the door frame on the garage, and be VERY careful pulling up to/away from the gas pump area! It follows that you want to stay near the center of your lane.... those fenders easily cross into the neighboring lane! Just take your time getting used to the feel of the steer. It will soon feel second nature and you will have a ball!

Thanks Nana, I spent some time today looking over my shoulder and in the mirrors to see where the fenders were. I had realized that a person needs to be real aware where they are in order to keep out of trouble.
We had a friend that had a bad wreck and I was told it was because her real wheel came off the edge of the road and it flipped her. I guess that's what got me to thinking.
Wednesday is supposed to be a real good day here in Oklahoma so I hope to put a few miles on it then.
Okie

If you haven't already, read the Experienced Trike rider thread on the ganeral board. The one that starts with a poll (you don't have to take it) John has a good post called Words Of Wisdom. (I think that's it)

As Nana-Admin (Her offishul name now???) Front wheel in the center of the lane and if you think you'll be able to reach out and touch something you're too close!

Okie, Congtrats. Can not add anything but be careful. You will adapt very quickly. Ride smart. Think just like you had to when on 2 wheels about the other guy. Ted

What a gorgeous machine, Okie! I love the pinstriping.

Re: the wider rear end. I don't have my own trike yet, but when Nana graciously let me ride hers last month in Sarasota, I found that even though I remembered the rear end was wider, when I occasionally looked back, it still surprised me to see how MUCH wider. I guess it takes a while to get that firmly imprinted on the brain--have fun in the process! :D

I have seen Wizards work . really adds to the bike. so how long have you been eying this white beauty. How lucky can u get to have a neighbor selling it

Actually, I knew the fellow was wanting to sell the trike but I still had thoughts about triking my HD Heritage Softail. I tried to sell it to a couple of people that I knew that were interested in a trike. Then last Tuesday he rode it into the Harley shop (66 Harley, Tulsa, Ok) where a group of us have coffee most mornings and as I was leaving I walked out and looked at it and he walked over and handed me the key. I had never ridden a trike and I thought "Why Not" so I took it for a short ride. Didn't have a coat and it was a cool day. As I was heading home I called my wife and told her what I had just rode and asked her where we could get $25,000.00 right quick.
Then I looked at another 07 with 7k miles but pretty plain, then Saturday we went to Nutting Trikes at Afton, Ok and rode a couple of his. Then got real serious about what the white one had that the others didn't. We went and looked at it sunday afternoon and then sunday evening I called him and told him I'd take it.
Now I'm wanting some warm weather to ride the thing. Tomorrow (Wed.) is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny so it will get some miles put on it for sure. I even changed a Dr. appointment so I can ride tomorrow.
I think I will make arangements to have it raked soon.
Okie

All the signs and symptoms are there...... Okie has caught the bug. I KNEW it was contagious!

I got to ride it today!
I took it to the romeo breakfast (real old men eating out = romeo) this morning and let everyone see it. They made me feel good. Then I went to the harley store where we normally drink coffee and they were just leaving for a lunch ride about 35 miles east of town. They said since I was the only Honda I had to ride 1/2 mile behind the rest of them, so I did. Really didn't have any problem keeping up, and everyone loved the bike. It's original owner was even in the group.
The original owner ordered his Stallion yesterday and will get it next wednesday.
All and all it's been a great day. A friend of mine came over about 3 pm and bought my 06 Harley Heritage Softail so it makes me feel even better about buying the trike.
Down side is the weather is supposed to get nasty again for several days.
Patience hell, I want to ride.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

I know what you mean OKIE my trike has been in the air with me modifying as I can get to it. I will have to wonder up that way or maybe we can meet in Oklahoma city and have lunch or diner one weekend.

The bad weather is almost behind us now just the wind to put up with till the real season gets here. Enjoy the ride.

Hey BenO, that sounds good about meeting in Oklahoma City or better yet we have a group that is wanting to go to Meers, Okla. and get a long horn burger. As soon as it warms up and we get the good riding weather we are hoping to ride down and stay all night someplace in the area and then come back on Sunday. Will probably run the super slab going down but want to come home the back roads through southern Oklahoma.
Maybe we can meet up and have a burger together.
Okie
Tulsa, OK

Last edited:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png