TT Rally V Ladies Ride

I will be 67 years young this coming November. Now how old are you and Ron or won't you share that number ??:D:) By the way how was your trip to Pigeon Forge? I really like that area.
I will be 67 in October, Ron will be 70 in Sept. He doesn't tell many people this, but he had a car acccident in 1995 and broke his back in two places. He didn't think he would ever be able to ride again, but he's still on two. But he did have to give up golf a couple of years ago. There was some snow along the highest part of the Foothills Parkway, and on the Smokey's, but we didn't go over the mtn because it was getting dark and we came on home. I prefer to run the mtns in daylight.

I will be 67 in October, Ron will be 70 in Sept. He doesn't tell many people this, but he had a car acccident in 1995 and broke his back in two places. He didn't think he would ever be able to ride again, but he's still on two. But he did have to give up golf a couple of years ago. There was some snow along the highest part of the Foothills Parkway, and on the Smokey's, but we didn't go over the mtn because it was getting dark and we came on home. I prefer to run the mtns in daylight.

Well Ron and you certainly are older than I. You ONLY have me by 1 month but you are older. I certainly give you credit for telling me your age. I am certainly glad Ron is OK to still ride 2 wheels.

I had both my knees replaced 2 years ago and have elected to ride 3 wheels. I can still ride 2 wheels but since I ride 90% of the time 2 up I was worried about holding up the bike if my bride would get me a little off balance when we stop.

Well Ron and you certainly are older than I. You ONLY have me by 1 month but you are older. I certainly give you credit for telling me your age. I am certainly glad Ron is OK to still ride 2 wheels.

I had both my knees replaced 2 years ago and have elected to ride 3 wheels. I can still ride 2 wheels but since I ride 90% of the time 2 up I was worried about holding up the bike if my bride would get me a little off balance when we stop.

What are your thoughts on the knee surgery. I've got that coming up, was trying to wait until next winter, but the knees are thinking something else. I've had some people say do both of them at one time and others say, no, do them one at a time. I'm thinking get it done once and forget it!
I don't mind telling people my age, I just thank the Lord for giving me another year! Yea that balance thing can cause a problem. I've been there also.

I agree with you Mike, If the wife and I rode 2 up now, It would be on a Trike. Don't trust myself riding two wheels with her on the back anymore.
That's one of the reason's I traded the Ultra Classic for my RK. It's less top heavy. Plus I still like to pull the Windshield off now and then.

What are your thoughts on the knee surgery. I've got that coming up, was trying to wait until next winter, but the knees are thinking something else. I've had some people say do both of them at one time and others say, no, do them one at a time. I'm thinking get it done once and forget it!
I don't mind telling people my age, I just thank the Lord for giving me another year! Yea that balance thing can cause a problem. I've been there also.

I had both of them done at the same time. I don't regret doing that. It is a mixed bag on whether it is a good idea or not. I at times still have a little problem with mine. It is not so much of a pain as it is a discomfort. It appears that weather changes play heck on them.

I think that possibly I pushed myself to go back to work too quickly. I was back to work in 8 weeks. If you don't have them done by the Rally when I buy Ron a Diet Root beer I would certainly buy you one also and we can talk about your impending surgery.

So you are saying old men ride like women:Shrug:

icebite..a question..do you have a TriGlide or a Street Glide Trike?

Darn TNTriker, now i feel like im gettin poked with a whole limb.

WIFE has the StreetGlide Trike XXX, I have a FatBob with a Frankenstein trike rearend.

Nana says she'll lead the ladies ride on her new trike. ThumbUp

IMG_0946.jpg

I'll have to pedal REEEEEEEEAAAAALLY hard! LOL!
(I do like those wheels though......... hmmmmmmmm.)

Mike was busy today inviting new friends to join in on the ladies ride. Good job Mike!

IMG_0962.jpg

Ms June and Ms July no less....

Mike was busy inviting new friends to join in on the ladies ride. Good job Mike!

IMG_0962.jpg

Ms June and Ms July no less....

Dang! Look at his cheesy grin and glassy eyes....... :p
But I'm pretty sure Ms. July has a beautiful Harley, and rides it, so she is eligible to ride with the ladies in Maggie Valley.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png