Lifting RSV Hannigan Trike

Aug 1, 2011
Cranford, NJ, USA
Will soon need to replace the front tire on our trike. Wondering how folks with RSV Hannigan trikes lift their bikes. Will a 3/4 ton motorcycle jack do the trick? Is there a chance that trike will flip to the rear? Thanks!

did for me, just for support. removed caliphers to get them out of the way. removed front front fender screws, loosed back ones , had someone swing fender up while I removed wheel to the front of bike. have jack stand ready to support front of bike while wheel is off. also put block off wood behind rear wheels to keep bike from rolling backwoods. having it in gear helps too. bike never really leaves ground this way.

I just use a small floor jack under the engine up forward, and lift as needed. Don't get carried away with removing parts though,,,,,:laugh::laugh::D

Someone posted how they lift their Hannigan trike on another forum. They use a ramp for the front tire and jack the rear. The rear can be jacked at the differential or the point where the trailer hitch supports meet. Jack stands can be located on each side under the rear frame. This is a great way to work under the trike. Will still have to jack the front end to remove the front wheel, but the rear wheels are ready for servicing.

Leo, I know your still on your trip.. by now I have installed a Carbon_One 5 1/4 gal aux tank and also have purchased Carbon_Ones Hannigan Trike Lift.
BOTH WORK AWESOME!!
Jeff

Leo, I know your still on your trip.. by now I have installed a Carbon_One 5 1/4 gal aux tank and also have purchased Carbon_Ones Hannigan Trike Lift.
BOTH WORK AWESOME!!
Jeff

Hi Jeff, Sounds like I need that trike lift. I'm still recovering from my 13-day trip to Key West. Thanks!

Leo,
That is our trike in the pic you posted. That method works good. While it was in the air Larry and I tried and modified his lift to work on the Hannigan trike. Larry (Carbon One) is now selling the lift adapter to those who want one. It holds the trike securely in the air and most everything underneath the bike is accessible. All 3 wheels are raised and can be taken off.

Someone posted how they lift their Hannigan trike on another forum. They use a ramp for the front tire and jack the rear. The rear can be jacked at the differential or the point where the trailer hitch supports meet. Jack stands can be located on each side under the rear frame. This is a great way to work under the trike. Will still have to jack the front end to remove the front wheel, but the rear wheels are ready for servicing.

Leo, this is how Hi you can lift the trike.
I had longer legs made up as well. (2 sets)
But looks like I can go another 1.5 inches.
the adapter is fantastic. and this is with a
full aux tank and all the junk in the trunk.
lifted straight up :10:
Jeff

Lift is very nice! Have to decide whether I can use it or not in the space I have available.

AND :Shrug: why have you not told us all about your trip?
I hope it went OK for you.

Sorry, Just returned from the Florida Keys, 3,877 miles in 13 days. Did not drive three days (waiting for others at Savannah, walking at Key West and visiting friends at Palm Harbor near Tampa). Went on a glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling at Key Largo. Did charter boat fishing at Whale Harbor. Had a great time walking around Key West. Visited long time friends at Palm Harbor. We were four riders from Ohio, West Virginia, Fort Lauderdale and New Jersey. I had the only trike. My ride ran great, so all my preparations paid off. Arrived home safe and sound on Tuesday. ThumbUp

Glad to hear that Leo, looks like you had a great time. we have kids that live in Savanna. glad you made it home safe. now rest some more LOL
We will be leaving for Hawaii in 41 days.no trike :-(

Glad to hear that Leo, looks like you had a great time. we have kids that live in Savanna. glad you made it home safe. now rest some more LOL
We will be leaving for Hawaii in 41 days.no trike :-(

Sure you are excited about Hawaii!! Great place for a wedding........

Changed the oil in our trike today, so I'm ready for our ride to Maggie Valley in June. Excited to see all the trikes....... :Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png