replacing pads on rear brake

getting ready to replace the pads on the rear of my 2010 tri glide before we make our long trip to florida does anyone know if the rear rotors can be resurfaced?
It looks like if you can as long as you do not exceed 0.220 in thickness after machining them

It looks like if you can as long as you do not exceed 0.220 in thickness after machining them

True on the thickness. I wonder if a regular auto brake shop could turn them or maybe the quality of the rotors isn't good enough to turn? Maybe it might be better to buy the upgraded (more expensive) rotors new. Just a thought......

True on the thickness. I wonder if a regular auto brake shop could turn them or maybe the quality of the rotors isn't good enough to turn? Maybe it might be better to buy the upgraded (more expensive) rotors new. Just a thought......

I thought about trying to have them turned, I'm going to install the Performance machine stage 1 brakes. I decided to just get the new rotors, ouch on the cost $246.72 for the 2 of them.

has anyone changed there pads yet on there tri glide and if so did you just replace the pads without turning the rotors, who has the upgrade rotors ,HD or another source ?

We changed my girlfriends 2010 Tg at the 20K service. They where not completly wore out yet but wasn't sure if they would last to the 25K service so I had them replaced with the up-graded 2011 pads & the tech thought the rotors were OK.
She's got 27K on it & so far they look to be wearing about like the first set did.

thinks for the info these on mine don't look that bad either but they are worn some thanks to that stupid parking brake being left on a couple times in which i don't dare use , if you asked me its a piss poor setup , but since were going on this long trip and pulling a trailer i good pads

I replaced my rear brake pads last year and the rotors looked OK. I used Lyndall brake pads.I am going to replace the front brake pads this year and also going to use Lyndall.

thinks for the info these on mine don't look that bad either but they are worn some thanks to that stupid parking brake being left on a couple times in which i don't dare use , if you asked me its a piss poor setup , but since were going on this long trip and pulling a trailer i good pads

We also don't use the parking brake on either of our TG's & keep the adjustment backed way off.
I beleive the parking brake contributes to the rear brake wear.
We both carry a small velcro strape to use on the front brake lever if we feel it's needed

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png