Wind Deflector on XXX

iaff84

Mar 7, 2011
Muncie, Indiana
Here is the deal:
I would like to find out how my new wind deflectors fit and work on a 09 - 11 XXX.
<O:pA poster on here (MUST be a regular poster) that has a XXX and lives somewhere where they are riding at this time of year. Must be able to do a simple install of these and do a test fit on a XXX.
<O:pSend me PM from this Forum.
<O:pI would like to know how and if they fit and you to run some test and let me know the results.
<O:pAny takers??
<O:pDennis Swan
<O:p765 748-5369<O:p

whats the difference between tri-glide and a xxx? as far as wind deflector? i thought all late touring models were the same
OH! maybe the rake is different.

whats the difference between tri-glide and a xxx? as far as wind deflector? i thought all late touring models were the same
OH! maybe the rake is different.

No passing lights on the mount, just a turn signal. The TG ultra has the SE passing light/turnsignal combo bracket.

No passing lights on the mount, just a turn signal. The TG ultra has the SE passing light/turnsignal combo bracket.
The Bobs is right. Location of bullet turn signal bucket may be in different location. If so, these will not fit.
As I sent a set out to a XXX owner, we shall soon learn if they fit.
Dennis

One other point is that everything is impossible to put on a '09 XXX, only '10 and '11 were produced.
Sorry Dennis , I had to make that comment.
Otherwise im waiting to hear the feedback.

One other point is that everything is impossible to put on a '09 XXX, only '10 and '11 were produced.
Sorry Dennis , I had to make that comment.
Otherwise im waiting to hear the feedback.

As I do not own one, have never followed them or made anything just for them. I was probably the last one to know they are not being made anymore.
Just trying to help those who have them know if a part I made for the Ultra version may fit.
Nothing taken from your comment. :D
Dennis

The XXX does not come with the front crash bar so in order to utilize highway pegs, I bought the bar. I now am pretty sure that a set of fairing lowers would fit kust fine.The only thing Im not sure of is the position of the turn signals compared to the ultra triglide. Am following this very closely as I have gotten everything Dennis has previously come up with complete satisfaction.

Last edited:
Been working with Dennis to see if the wind deflectors will fit the Street Glide Trike (FLHXXX). The fork tube deflectors do not fit. The turn signal on the XXX is about 3" higher than a TriGlide. The tree deflector fits fine. On mine, I had to loosen the bolt holding the front brake line block and rotate it a few degrees. After that the deflector bolted right on. My Trike has the Harley Moustache crash bar and the tree defector clears it by about 1/2" on both sides. As always, the quality on Dennis's products is first rate and I really liked the black/silver coating. It is textured and seems a good match for most paint schemes. Dennis then sent a set of fork deflectors from http://street-glide.com/index.html to see if they would fit. They fit perfect. With the deflectors in place there is a pocket of nice quiet air behind the fairing and the radio is much easier to hear.

P1040802.jpg

P1040815.jpg

P1040819.jpg

P1040821.jpg

P1040822.jpg

Glad we were able to find wings that fit your XXX. Randy is a good guy to work with also.
On a side note: Of those who have bought the Fork Wings and Lower Tree Baffle, they felt the lower tree baffle did all the work. From my test as well as others, the Fork Wings come into play at higher speeds. Give you a wider "bubble" of air around you. If you have the time, run without the wings and I think you will find this also.
I also like the powder coated stuff better than chrome. Have some plain silver powder ordered as well as having silver vain and black wrinkle.
Dennis Swan

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png