TGlide wheels question ??

Trent

Jul 31, 2011
Meridian, ID. USA
I am sorry if this has been discussed on here before, but I couldn't find anything on it. My local tire dealer has a huge new assortment of very cool wheels for cars and trucks. I don't know if any of them will fit a Trike, but would like to find out. Have any of you guys on here ever looked at putting car rims on your TGlide? Is it possible, if they fit fine and have the same lug nut pattern? Seems like they should. They have an amazing assortment and some of black with chrome trim and vica versa styles they have would really look good on a black and blue TGlide. Thanks for all of you good people's input, and I am sure someone here will let me know if I am not thinking clearly about this! Ha ha!!!

Trent, If all the measurements are the same they should fit. ie..Bolt Hole spacing, Offset front to back, Wheel width, and Wheel diameter. Just my way of thinking. Good Luck n Ride Safe.........Ol' Man....ThumbUp

Hmmm I love a challenge..this dealer specializes in off the wall stuff. I will give it a try and let you know what I find out. Thanks for responding guys!!

The TG Wheel is 15" by 5.5 " with standard 4 hole pattern. The closest I've found in a cursory investigation was about a 2003 or 2004 Hyundai Eleantra I think it was. Also, some of the older Mustangs ran the 4 hole bolt pattern. Just be aware of the backset.

When I talked to them today while getting a flat fixed on my Edge, they said to bring the bike in, they will take a wheel off and measure it and see what they can do. I actually wondered about a four hole Ford wheel working cuz it looked so similar. Thanks for the info!!

When I talked to them today while getting a flat fixed on my Edge, they said to bring the bike in, they will take a wheel off and measure it and see what they can do. I actually wondered about a four hole Ford wheel working cuz it looked so similar. Thanks for the info!!

Trent let us know what they find out. A cross application would be greatly appreciated BY all Tri-Glide owners

I will do that. The rim selection available for vehicles now is quite astounding in styles, sizes, and brands. I gotta believe that there is something that will fit and does not cost $1,000 each. You can get some really sharp lookin' wheels with all kinds of chrome trims, styles, and colors for $150 to $450 each. A lotta Black Chrome available also. I will try to get my bike in there this week, depending on work schedules, and see what they can do.

I wouldn't let a tire shop pull a tire on my trike, if you haven't done it before you'll find out the rear tires are a PIA to get off due to tight fender clearance. Its not as simple as rolling a floor jack under the rear end and jacking it up, if not lifted in the correct way damage can result.

You can actually measure the bolt pattern on the bike. The four hole is measured across the pattern I believe and runs outside edge of one bolt to the center of the opposite bolt. I'll look online and see if I can find the standards and 'how to' sheet.

Thanks for the info guys!! I know the tires clear the fender easier with the lift kit installed, which my shop tech was happy with. I will see what happens.

I have the lift kit on my trike and have no issues removing the back wheels. All I need is about 5 inches of lift off the ground and the wheel comes off with no clearance problems whatsoever.

I'll be looking forward to what you find out on the wheels, Trent. One of my projects for next winter will be to swap out the front forks for chrome and I plan to go to chrome wheels at the same time. It's just a matter of deciding what wheels to go with.

I work in an engineering dept. and the correct way to measure a circular bolt hole pattern is finding the bolt hole circle (5" dia. etc.) and then the studs/holes are evenly spaced around it.

Stopped in the wheel dealer on the way back to my office a while ago, but not on the Trike. Raining very hard here today. Talked to the wheel expert, and he checked out a few charts and looked at the 4 hole measurements available. He believes if it is anywhere between 4" and 4.50" that he will have a lotta wheels that will work. The only question is the offset, and the only way to check that, is pull one off and measure it out for depth. He is very confident that he will have many choices that will work, plus more available that he can order. You should see the available wheels between $90.00 and $150.00 each! Very light and very strong too. Told him I was concerned about being really careful with my baby. He laughed and told me that if they can take good care of $100,000 Mercedes and $230,000 Ferrari's, they should have no problem being really careful with my $44,000 Trike. I reckon he is prob correct about that.

Well...Took the Trike into the wheel dealer today to see what we could figure out. Took a wheel off and measured the crap out of it. And.....You guys that posted earlier were correct. There are NO car wheels that will fit the TGlide. He got on the computer, made several phone calls talking to company reps, and they all said the same thing..The off set makes it impossible to fit anything. Did find one company that has an off set that will work, but they have to custom drill the four hole pattern..which is 4.5 by the way, just like we thought.. they only have one 5 spoke highly polished aluminum wheel that would work well, and for another $125 will machine a bolt on spinner hub cover too. Will only do all this to order..after shipping, lookin' at $500 to $550 each. More than I would care to spend right now. So...you guys were right...Many have tried, none have succeded!!!

Do you have a picture of that wheel? Maybe if enough people were interested you might get a price reduction.

Another thing to think about is the weight of the wheel. I think the Harley wheel might be a little less weight then a car wheel.

He tried to print off a photo from the net and it wouldnt do it...The wheel is nothing fancy, just a standard 5 spoke that actually does not look much different than the 7 spoke we have now. In fact, ours look a little better, just not as shiny. Dunno what the weight difference would be, but prob not enough to worry about.

There are still more options. I had a set of wheels custom made for my 41" Ford. Granted, they were a traditional 'Genie' Style etc, but I had to specify the offset, bolt pattern, etc. I used Stockton Wheel, http://www.stocktonwheel.com/index.html But there are a few others builders out there depending on what you're looking for...Dayton Wire, Wheel wrights etc to name a few.

I will keep looking alright..want to find something in black with chrome, or just black chrome. Thanx for the link info!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png