TriGlide Suspension Upgrade By Progressive Suspension

JohnC

Jul 15, 2011
Wichita, KS
Pulled from the Cyril Huze blog:

Harley-Davidson TriGlide Suspension Upgrade By Progressive Suspension

The Tri Glide, the remaining trike model from Harley-Davidson, is evidently a very heavy vehicle facing unique handling challenge due to the loads generated by the steering forces. Harley Tri Glide factory forks are those of a two-wheeler and cornering dynamic feels much more like when you drive a four wheel vehicle.

So, the Progressive Suspension engineers started to work on these issues and were able to think out a suspension solution to improve the oem chassis/suspension setup.

They are now able to offer a pair of high pressure gas charged Monotube damper cartridges with progressive rate springs tuned to the weight challenges (it’s heavy!) of the Tri Glide. The result is reduced brake dive, improved bottoming control and increased front end cornering grip, all in a tidy cartridge package that’s designed to last the life of your Harley trike.

Progressive has also developed a new set of shocks for the rear of the HD Trike. They’ve valved and sprung their proven 416 Series hybrid air/coil shock to suit the live axle on the Tri Glide and improved the ride height to help reduce dragging as well as increase ride comfort and improve bottoming control. The combination of their Monotube fork Cartridge kit and 416 Series Shocks will help the Tri Glide become the mile eating monster promised by Harley, without adding undue cost or complexity. Available separately as front and rear packages.

I have a concern about the rear shocks. Specifically, if they have "improved the ride height", I wonder how these shocks would work in conjunction with Dennis' lift brackets. Could we end up raising the rear of the bike too much?

I have a concern about the rear shocks. Specifically, if they have "improved the ride height", I wonder how these shocks would work in conjunction with Dennis' lift brackets. Could we end up raising the rear of the bike too much?

My thoughts exactly, FWIW I don't have any issues with the way mine rides. I will however install the fork cartridges when mine comes due for a fork oil change. Will have to wait for Progressive to release information on the rear shocks before we'll know if they will work.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png