• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Satellite Radio

Old thread, but I'll chime in anyway...

I use an XM Roady 2; got the music only subscription. I have it in a RAM mount with the power and antenna permanently mounted, couldn't be without it! Since it's removable, I have a second mount in my 4Runner so I only need one subscription...

Some threads seem to move very slowly.......

As to bluetooth, thought I'd report that the SENA 5 is outstanding for our music. The helmet speakers are very clear, very good frequency range with great bass.

Simple operation. My Iphone is loaded with music and it works great. No down side for me, but I got a phone call and the caller couldn't hear me as well saying it sounded like I was in a tunnel. Adjusted the mic to my lips and spoke louder, caller still said it was hard to understand. Cell reception was not the issue.

The intercom works just fine, good volume and clear. :Coffee:

Hey Ozarker - I have a Sena 20s, I was riding the Triumph Bonneville, no windshield, just a long visor on the Scorpion Bixby helmet, my sister called and was surprised when I told her I was on the bike. We have more problems with side winds confusing Gloria's VOX and my music cuts out because the system thinks she is talking.

Hey Ozarker - I have a Sena 20s, I was riding the Triumph Bonneville, no windshield, just a long visor on the Scorpion Bixby helmet, my sister called and was surprised when I told her I was on the bike. We have more problems with side winds confusing Gloria's VOX and my music cuts out because the system thinks she is talking.

So far we haven't had that wind issue, after we got ours we went back to Gene's Cycle and had him adjust something then it worked fine. I don't think we had it turned on properly. Bit of a trick too in using any VOX system to let it turn on before saying your message, my Icom transceiver does the same thing.

HD radio options

Are there any options that have HD radio? I am looking at a Can-Am bike and I know it won't have a radio built-in. I will have to add it. I like HD radio because there is no monthly fee and it's CD quality.

David

SkyFi by Delphi since 2002, docking station, antenna, wireless modulator in trunk hump. Set it to Willie's and shut trunk, tune FM to modulator frequency, no interference that close to FM antenna. Did same in the 1200. I used wired connect modulators in my cars & pickups, and did in police cars for about 8 years, Subaru has it's own XM. SkyFi is near bullet proof I think, also have two SkyFi Boom Boxes picked up off ebay, one in shop. Then, there's streaming.

Attachments

• DSC_6278 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_6278 (800x532).jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 148

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png