My Hf trailer

My Harbor freight trailer to pull behind my trike. I have a rooftop cargo bag that fits the bed perfectly and I will be assembling a inner frame from 1/2" pvc to keep the bag open at its full dimensions

I used the HF trailer frame to build a trailer to pull behind one of my motorcycles. If I might recommend, while it's easy to get to take a moment and pull the smaller of the leaf springs out on either side. Since I asume you won't be doing heavy hauling on the trailer, the lower spring rate will calm the trailer down for a smooth light pull behind your trike. If you wanted to lower it a bit to sit more level, while removing the extra leaf spring I also moved the axle to ride above the leaf spring rather than under it. Drops it about 3 inches for a lower, smooth ride.

Great job - I always appreciate folks who jump in and make what they want rather drop a bundle of cash.

Thanks for the input. I had already done as you suggested to removed the small leaf spring and will keep in mind the idea of putting the springs under the axle for the future if I get a power scooter to make the trailer lower to load n unload the scooter. Currently I have the trailer sitting level.

I have not pulled it out on the road yet only in the neighborhood. Im waiting on my trailer isolator to show up in the mail to wire it up on the trike and then I can pull the trailer on the raod to get a feel for it at higher speeds

Without doing the extras I have done it cost me 290. Thats getting the trailer and bag on sale. The total I have in mine is 370

I have a extra bag new in the box that I will sell for 60

Thanks

I gonna go see it tonight ( I hope)... I dont have a Hitch on my vehicle so if I buy it I need to put it in the back of my HHR. My HHR measures 44 inches diagonally so hope it can fit. I think I may need to take the tires off.

Well just got back from checking out the trailer and I ended up buying it. I dont have a hitch on my vehicle so now I have to work on getting it home. Will likely have a hitch put on my vehicle anyway. I dont have the bike yet ( hopefully in May) so that was out of the question. The trailer is in great shape ( like new ) ... I had to buy it .. May be a one time deal.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png