2008 VTX 1300R MT with Cycle Shack Mufflers

Beeper

Contributing Member
Reaction score
Hi Zook,
I figure you will know the answer to this because you built the trike originally. But others might need the help, too. :)

My trike came with Cycle Shack MHD-138T mufflers. (That is also the part # MT gave on their website.) They have steel core baffles, and are way too loud for my neighborhood, now that I'm coming in from work so late. :( I really need something to tone'em down or to just replace'em.

The problem is knowing what slip-ons would be quieter, and whether the jet/carb would need adjusting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks very much!
Beeper

A friend of mine had HD touring mufflers adapted. Was not real complicated but still a lot of work with hangers and "S" pipes. Sounds great and runs well.

I just quitened down Mitzie's VTX1300 Motor Trike some using a set of 1-3/4" Fiberglass packed Baffles #1524 from Parts Unlimited.These also are actually manufactured and/or marketed by Cycle Shack....I'm posting a seperate Thread on this, as I've had some PMs. We were mainly interested in gettin' rid of the annoyin' backfiring...no more backfire.....ThumbUp

I just quitened down Mitzie's VTX1300 Motor Trike some using a set of 1-3/4" Fiberglass packed Baffles #1524 from Parts Unlimited.These also are actually manufactured and/or marketed by Cycle Shack....I'm posting a seperate Thread on this, as I've had some PMs. We were mainly interested in gettin' rid of the annoyin' backfiring...no more backfire.....ThumbUp

Thanks, Skutter! Sounds like exactly what I was looking for. And she's had no trouble with back pressure and the valves, as far as you know?

you can also wrap the steel baffles you have now with a couple layers of fiberglass cloth

Hey Dog, Mitzie's were non-removable. It actually came with two mufflers on the pipes, but the baffles are welded in permanently on each end. Wrapping Hers was my first plan of attack also, but no way to do it.....:Shrug:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png