v8 put in the back???? to run forwards

Aug 19, 2010
st james mo
Ok I guess you got an idea what I'm doing. I want to run a small block,out it in the back of my trike,use an automatic transmission,and hook it all together to make it go forwards. Not asking too much.I need to know how to attach the
power unit to the transmission then the rear end when the motor is basically over the rear end. Something about a transfer box?! Any ideas?:Shrug:

Ok I guess you got an idea what I'm doing. I want to run a small block,out it in the back of my trike,use an automatic transmission,and hook it all together to make it go forwards. Not asking too much.I need to know how to attach the
power unit to the transmission then the rear end when the motor is basically over the rear end. Something about a transfer box?! Any ideas?:Shrug:

you can do like so many others in the past with 4 , 6 , or 8 cyl engines by useing a complete front drive unit , which makes it basicly a mid-engine design

Look into a marine V drive gearbox. Had a buddy use one in a pickup with the engine backwards in the bed. The boat v drive is configured with the engine backwards. Hope money is not an object.

Check out the Toranado/Elderodo drive trains..The later models had small block engines..

I put a 500ci Eldorado in the back of a VW squareback...It worked out well.. I used the entire Caddy frame with coil over shocks instead of the very long torsion bars.. It was VERY smooth and drove well as a daily driver..The mileage wasnt too bad.. certaintly not up to modern standards..And it would go really scary fast any time you wanted..ThumbUp

Look at an old Olds Tornado or Caddy Eldorado. 70's through early 80's. The trans lays beside the motor & the diff is beside the oil pan. Right axle goes right under it. The motor is directly over it. No special drives or anything. All over the counter parts, easy to get if break down out on the road.

Buy a Kennedy Engineered Products adapter to connect the V8 to a VW transaxle. Swap the transaxle end for end and run it mid engined. There are a few items in a VW transaxle that need to upgraded to handle the torque but it is a strong transaxle...especially the bus unit. Use a IRS transaxle and you can custom build the width you want. Just a thought. :)

My friend has a FWD 350 Buick in the rear of his trike.
It originally had torsion bars, but he changed those our for a good set of coil0overs.
It runs like a scalded dog and will pull the front end up with very little effort.
I rode it and it is scary fast.
Send me your email and I'll send you a picture.
Mine is drumdoctor@live.com

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png