Motor Trike IRS Replacement U-Joints.

Gold Rush

May 27, 2011
San Angelo
Does anyone have the source information for replacemt IRS front U-Joint. I'm talking just the joint and cups. Not the entire assembly. Richard from Motor Trike gave me the rear replacement (Precision 369) but he says he can not get the front number. I'd like to have one on hand for long trips....

if you check your drive everytime you change the oil,then shoul be trouble free,,,,if you drive normal, then he will get loose with time but you will see it before he broke.he will vibrate or clunck,,,or maybe Motor Trike will give you a brand new one (modified)before it breack,,,,,

oupppsss,,, i think that i was dreaming,,,,,,

I understood the GL1500 front U-Joint was not rebuildable. Seems like there have been several threads about that subject. If so, how could source be possible.

There is a post on one of the boards about a guy taking the 1500 yoke and machining retaining clip grooves so the yoke can be rebuilt. I do not remember which site but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Guys there seems to be some confusion here. I asked Richard about the GL1500 front U-Joint assembly. He told me that it is indeed used on the solid axle kits but not the IRS. Armed with that information I am back in search of the replacement U-Joint. As I told him -- there are so few of us that are willing and able to replace these parts not having access to the new joint is not an option if I can help it.

For now I'll keep after this but if anyone does come up with good numbers please pass it along.

hi gold rush,,,,
if i understand right, you talk to Richard at Motor Trike,did he said you can by one from them,,,, they must be selling them,,, and the price !!

tell me if i am wrong,but Motor Trike dont give a part list with price to their dealer,,,,
everytime i ask my dealer for a price of a part,,, then they said they dont know,,, they will have to phone Motor Trike !!!

hi gold rush,,,,
if i understand right, you talk to Richard at Motor Trike,did he said you can by one from them,,,, they must be selling them,,, and the price !!

tell me if i am wrong,but Motor Trike dont give a part list with price to their dealer,,,,
everytime i ask my dealer for a price of a part,,, then they said they dont know,,, they will have to phone Motor Trike !!!

I just called my Motor Trike dealer/installer and he told me Motor Trike does not provide him with any list. If I were to need a part he would have to call and get that information.

That being said I bet you could call them direct and get the same information. You might ask to speak with Richard....

u joint

Does anyone have the source information for replacemt IRS front U-Joint. I'm talking just the joint and cups. Not the entire assembly. Richard from Motor Trike gave me the rear replacement (Precision 369) but he says he can not get the front number. I'd like to have one on hand for long trips....

If you are still looking for the front u joint on a motor trike IRS it is NAPA UJ240 It is a small one. a real finicky to replace. just take your time. a propane torch just to warm the yoks works wonders to disassemble and assemble . super precision tight fit .

If you are still looking for the front u joint on a motor trike IRS it is NAPA UJ240 It is a small one. a real finicky to replace. just take your time. a propane torch just to warm the yoks works wonders to disassemble and assemble . super precision tight fit .

Gerry…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

welcome Gerry

Thanks for info. I am facing the same issue on a different bike. Hope not to have to buy a new drive shaft. Had similar issues with a Ford Truck and Chevy Suburban. Engineers are a pain in the A** when it comes to simple parts.

Thanks again,

Debbie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png