South wind still blowing in oklahoma!

Okie

Feb 22, 2009
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Well it warmed up to about 61 this afternoon so we got the trike out and put close to 100 miles on it. The South wind was still pretty stiff at times but I felt good that I'm getting the hang of it and with the 5.5 rake I can catch it when the wind blows and the bike doesn't move at all most of the time.
The tight curves still feel a little strange but I'm getting more comfortable with them. I guess I just need more saddle time.
Wife is off all week and hope to ride quite a bit. Figured we would just take some short rides around here to get used to it.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

As U stated the more U ride the better off U are going to feel with the trike. It took me about 500 miles to really feel good with the trike. Ride safe and enjoy.

Thanks Steve, I've already got about 500 miles on the trike so I guess that's one reason it's starting to feel good.
Hope after this week the curves will feel better, we hope to ride some of the local roads that have a fair amount of curves and not much traffic during the week.:D
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

What joy, Okie! You'll suddenly just discover you aren't even noticing the curves except for how much fun they are!!!!!

nana, I'm anxious to acquire that feeling because we are planning on going to Knoxville, tennessee some time this summer and riding the smokey mountains and I know there are a lot of curves there.
We went there last year with a Polaris Ranger (4 wheel, off road) rally and we drove a little of the curves in a ford 1 ton duley and that wasn't a lot of fun but it sure was pretty.
I've got confidence that the feeling will come. I just know that all of you can't be lieing to me. LOL:D
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

Okie - I am glad you are able to be getting some ride time in. It won't be long before it will feel natural in the curves. Are you wondering why you waited this long to get a trike yet? ENJOY !!!

Yes, I've been wishing I had got the trike earlier. We have been talking about it for at least 2 years and I'd get serious and then cool off.
I'm convinced it was the right decision.
I really appreciate everyone's help from the forum. I want to be a good rider and most important I want to be a safe rider. The worst thing I can think of is hurting my wife from my lack of ability. She enjoyed riding so much and I love having her share the sport with me.
Thanks again everyone.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png