Commuting Gas Mileage...

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
I've compared $$$ Dollars $$$ while commuting Monday thru Friday the last few weeks using my 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 ltr, 2010 Honda Gold Wing Motor Trike IRS 1800cc, and 2011 Honda PCX 125cc Scooter...with no "before/after" work extra riding. Which ever Vehicle was used for just going to QUIK MART, PANTERS AUTO PARTS, BANK (the Commute), I used another for before/after work Recreational Rides...My Results for 1 week, filling each up on the following Monday, and with no change in Gas Price...

JEEP: $38.50

GOLD WING TRIKE: $18.75

PCX SCOOTER: $4.80

Yes, my Scooter has a "Warm-n-Fuzzy" place with me.

I didn't check Miles Per Gallon, just Dollars on this (kept it simple and easy to relate to), and same Schedule Daily. Having checked each One's MPG in the past, here's where I stand.....

JEEP: Worst: 23 MPG, Best: 27 MPG

GOLD WING TRIKE: Worst: 32 MPG, Best: 38 MPG

PCX SCOOTER: Worst: 94 MPG, Best: 104 MPG

Hard to beat for a Great Commuter, and runs all day at 60+ MPH.....

PCXsOwlHollow9-11-2011004.jpg

PCXsOwlHollow9-11-2011003.jpg

Try One, You'll like it...and You can Post up in the TRIKE TALK.com SCOOTER FORUM......ThumbUp :Dorag:

Even though my commute is only 3miles a day ( in town driving ) the CF moto is a gas saver. Not as good as I would like 69 mpg is the best so far. I can go 3 weeks on a gallon of. Gas compared. To a tank ( 11galons ) in the same period with the car.

I've also been thinking about getting a scooter being I work relatively close to home (15 miles). In any event, even if I don't get a scooter the trike will definitely be doing most of the commuting rather than my truck!

Four years ago when gas prices were up, I rode my Burgman 400 scooter 30 miles to work a few days a week. The scooter got over 55 mpg while my truck ranged at 20. This really made a savings for me. Now my wife and I ride the Stallion for long trips together. Both are fine rides.
Jerry126

Back in the day when my office was closer to my house ( 2.5 miles ) I either walked or rode a Bicycle. I did leave a car at the office just in case Or I used the good ol' company truck. It was nice.. I felt more in tune with the area and saved enough money in 2 years to buy a spiffy new hand cannon ThumbUp

Back in the day when my office was closer to my house ( 2.5 miles ) I either walked or rode a Bicycle. I did leave a car at the office just in case Or I used the good ol' company truck. It was nice.. I felt more in tune with the area and saved enough money in 2 years to buy a spiffy new hand cannon ThumbUp

I owned a Bicycle Shop for almost 9 years, and rode to work at the Junk Yard, and Everywhere else through the week for quite a while.....Great Exercise...still ride as much as I can.....ThumbUp

You seldom, if ever, can truly justify buying a bike or freeway capable scooter in the name of economy. Dollar for dollar comparisons need to include the purchase cost of the vehicle, maintenance costs (including the tires that wear out 5x quicker than your car) and insurance costs. Sure it is cheaper to ride the bike or scooter if you wanted one and already bought it, but you would have to save one huge amount of fuel costs to say it justifies it's purchase in the name of economy.

Hey, hey, hey. Allow us our delusions of overall savings. Of course, Doing 20k/year on TG (30mpg+/-2) vs. 5k/year (12mpg) in Chevy Silveraldo, I think I save even with High cost of TG. No, don't any of you :qpnmt: break out your calculators.

Oh, absolutely Bozo......That's why I have my RS, it's the ride. If I want cage and save fuel $, I take the Pruis. I knew all that going in, and didn't want to give up the thrill of the saddle.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png