questions on raking

just need some answers on raking. i have a 99 roadstar trike and i would like to make the steering alot lighter. i,ve been surfing the net for prices and different rake kits out there to suit the roadstar. from what i,ve read on this site i beleive i should get something around a 6 to 8 degree rake. 1 site i came across was blue steel customs who are saying they have a conversion where you can put a harley tree/front end on a roadstar and there prices seem reasonable. being in australia i beleive that if i buy a blue steel conversion it will be cheaper for me to go that way and pick up the rest of the build cheaper over here than trying to import it from the USA. please tell me if i,m wrong as i,m not big on the knowledge of buying the parts needed for this conversion. what i am aiming for is a 6-8 deg rake with 4inch overs. when i bought this trike it had a set of 4 inch pull back risers and it was rather light to steer until 2 years later one of the risers broke going around a corner. refuse to go down that track again, like playing with my life using pull back risers again. ayway any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Get in contact with Bazooka. He is very knowledgeable about rakes and offers the best deal out there on them for the forum members. And yes, a rake kit can make your steering much lighter :)

It will pay to make sure that any system you decide upon will be of suitable design & quality such that it can be compliance'd in Aus. Some of the American systems of the cut and weld type ( Steerite? ) for one, are not certifiable in NZ and I suspect you have similar requirements over there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png