Aluma Trailer

Jan 29, 2012
Dover, NH USA
Who has an Aluma trailer with a cooler rack? I bought the cooler rack and was wondering how they affixed the rack to the trailer. Do they use u bolts? Or do they use bolts going through the cooler rack and through the tongue? What size is the tongue on the Aluma trailer (2")?
If they use u bolts, can you measure the bolts for lenght and width and let me know. Also, do they use chrome u bolts or stainless steel u bolts?
On the bugee tie downs, are they welded on or bolted? If bolted, what do they use for the tie down, are they like a boat cleat, or a small u bolt?

Thank for your help. ThumbUp

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

We bought our Aluma MCTXL ( the bigger of the 2 trailers ) 3 yrs ago. The cooler rack is not fixed on by going through the tongue or by U-bolts either. It's attached to the tongue by aluminum "straps" i guess you would call them. We also had aluminum rails welded on the cooler rack for bungee cords. At that time, they really didn't have much of a way to attach bungee cords to. But now the 2012 models have what looks like an aluminum u-shaped piece of round stock welded to the cooler rack. The tongue measures 2" across the top and 3" down towards the ground. Hope this helps! We ABSOLUTELY LOVE our trailer!!!

It's a white Coleman Cooler that measures 19" long and 11" wide. There's no drain on it though. We really like it because it keeps ice in it a long time. I think it a Marine Grade Cooler?.?. Any ways, we highly reccommend an Aluma Trailer though!! Keep us informed!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png