Aluma TK-1 Trailer

Rmitchell55

850+ Posts
Dec 6, 2012
Santee
If anyone that has a TK-1 trailer could tell me the width of the tongue I would greatly appreciate it. I have a trailer ordered and it is supposed to be delivered about the third week of Dec. I want to attach a small winch on the trailer incase I have to load a broken trike/bike and I would like to attach it over the tongue. From looking at the pictures and on similar trailers it looks to be about a 4X4 box.

Thanks

Ray, the measurements are made from my 2017 Aluma TK-1 trailer.

The structural support beam is 3" square.

The tongue attached to the structural support beam is 3.25"

I hope this info helps.:D

If anyone that has a TK-1 trailer could tell me the width of the tongue I would greatly appreciate it. I have a trailer ordered and it is supposed to be delivered about the third week of Dec. I want to attach a small winch on the trailer incase I have to load a broken trike/bike and I would like to attach it over the tongue. From looking at the pictures and on similar trailers it looks to be about a 4X4 box.

Thanks

That sounds like a great idea ... does the one you ordered have the "box" on the front? I was looking at doing something similar .... but the trailer I have now has a tool box on the front and I couldn't figure how to easily. I did draw up plans to run the rope through a pulley system under the box (I still have the hand crank winch from years back when my trailer was a boat trailer). I thought about a come along to the side of the python ... once the trike was one the trailer, I could push it the rest of the way onto the python.

Yes, it's supposed to have a storage box in front of the gravel/dirt shield. I have a small winch (2500#) that I bought off of Craig's list locally and had to make some minor repairs to it because the previous owner didn't know what he was doing when he tried to install it. It was made for a quad, and when they tried to mount it, one bolt was too long and they snapped it off in the hole and another one they tried to install a SAE bolt in a metric hole, but the mounting holes have Helicoils in them so that was easy to fix. My mount has mounting holes that are on 4 inch centers so if the backbone is 3 in square I can fined some 4 inch U-bolts and mount them from the bottom.

Thanks David.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png