Lehman

Reaction score
I'm starting to become real concerned about my new Lehman Storm's warranty through Lehman. According to my warranty, Lehman covers the entire trike. Now it appears that Lehman has pretty much thrown in the towel. I'm not so much worried about service, but a lack of parts could pretty much render a new trike useless. I'm starting to think that maybe I should think about a replacment! I imagine a lot of you are starting to feel the same!!!

Right now at least 5 companies are bidding on Lehman. Two (2) trike companies that I know of and least one investment company. So far it does not look like any of the companies in the running are looking to break up the company. So, I don't see parts being an issue in the near future.

I have the same concern for my Lehman trike. Although it's a 9 year old Harley Trike. I do have some concerns. Like brake pads my bike has drum brakes. The dealers I contacted has been no help. I have called Lehman a few times no contact. I hope someone buys it because it's a great product with a great history. I would like a dresser trike. But I like my bike a lot. Just a little nervous about it.

What does Lehman say in your trike manual about break shoes. What is the rear end of your trike from? Hannigan tells you what your parts are for the rear end in case you want to put your owns break pads, or other rear end components, so you can go to an auto store and buy the equipment.
Good luck!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Give LEE H. MAN I hope I spelled that right a PM. He's an installer and part owner of a Lehman shop. Hes been very helpful to the Lehman owners here.

First off you will probably never need to replace those drum brake shoes in the rear of your trike. I have seen trikes with 100,000 miles and there is still over 50 percent left. If you want them they are available at any decent auto parts store. Standard Ford drum brakes Raybestos number 474RP. That is the nice thing about a trike built with automotive technology. Reasonably priced parts and readily available.
Steve.

My only concern is if someone crashes into me and crunches a fiberglass body part or the frame I would not be able to get the replacement parts. Other than a drive shaft I think the rest of the parts are available at the auto parts store.

I'm thinking of selling my Pitboss for the same reason, I got no response from them when I asked for new body bolts because one of mine broke.

I'm thinking of selling my Pitboss for the same reason, I got no response from them when I asked for new body bolts because one of mine broke.

I also have a Pitboss (2010) and have some similar issues as well as cracks in the body. I had the main body replaced due to a large crack forming under the left passenger floor board but also had cracks just behind the passenger seat. On the left side behind the passenger seat a new crack started but my dealer made an adjustment that should stop the crack. In my first year riding it I have put over 16,000 miles on it and have ridden on some very bumpy pothole filled roads. Other than squeaks, cracks and busted bolts and brackets, I have become very fond of my trike. I really hope Lehman flourishes again but I already have my eye on a competitor if they do not. ;)

As for your bolts ... any decent fastener company should be able to provide you with the same or better hardware for not much cash.

Ride on and have a great day.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png