Just curious

Reaction score
When you first started riding the Stallion, did anyone have trouble adjusting to the brake being on the left side and no way to get to it with your right foot? When I test rode the Stallion, I put my hands on a steering wheel, therefore, my brain kept telling my right foot to brake. I was just wondering if I was the only person who had a :confused: mixed up mind that wouldn't accept the concept of braking with the left foot.

For me I have to concentrate on using my left foot to brake. A couple of times I hit the accelerator when I meant to brake but no harm done. I imagine it is the same for everyone across the board.

I would think if u r use to a standard shift car it may be easier to adjust. Like anything else u get use to it. we had to learn to shift with out foot.

Test rode a demo Stallion at the Davis Rally in Iowa a few years ago. Didn't have much trouble with the brake - the first time I tried to brake the right foot it wouldn't go anywhere as the trans tunnel was in the way. Wasn't much foot room. Years ago I went from a Sporty to a Big Twin. This was back in the day the Sportster was competing (sucessfully at the time) with Triumph, BSA, Norton and such. They had the shift on the right side, brake on the left. Only took me one time shifting and hitting the brake instead before I really paid attention to the change until it became second nature. Same when I started riding a trike - only climbed a curb once. A triking friend said everyone needs to do that, but it better not be more than once.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png